1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing text and picture from DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by boutcrazy, Feb 25, 2010.

1. boutcrazy

boutcrazy Member

Somewhat hypothetical situation:

Friend tapes Adam and Eve's wedding with his digital camcorder.

Friend captures camcorder wedding video to his hard drive. Video is perfect.

Then he overlays the first two minutes of the video with text reading

"Adam and Eve's Wedding"

Then he overlays the last two minutes of the video with a picture of Adam and Eve that takes up half the screen, then burns all of it to a DVD.

I have ripped the DVD to my hard drive. I want to keep the original video as it was taped from start to finish, but remove the annoying text at the beginning and the picture at the end.

Nero, my only authoring program, won't let me do it, or maybe I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do it with Nero.

Friend used Pinnacle to author. I asked him to burn another DVD for me, but this time, without the text and picture. He burned one, but all he did was cut the first and last two minutes off, and reburned. So while he did get rid of the text and the picture, I'm also now missing the first two minutes and last two minutes of the original video.

Not what I wanted.

Is it even possible to do what I'm wanting to do? If so, how?

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Not possible. The only thing you could do is "blur" the text, but you cannot have the original,clean video.

3. boutcrazy

boutcrazy Member

Thanks Cyprus, but I gotta tell ya, that stinks!

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Yes, it does...your friend sucks at editing too:))) since he didn't preserve the original untouched;)