1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing unneccesaries?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by clickclak, Apr 6, 2005.

1. clickclak

clickclak Guest

Hi all, love the forum, and all the great advice you guys offer :]

I was just wondering though, for my personal DVD backups, can I remove things such as the stupid un-skippable WARNING screens, and stuff like the annoying un-skippable PARAMOUNT interlude with the ridiculous flying horse that I just absolutely cannot CHAPTER SKIP through? Also, I figure it would have to help with the overall quality of the DVD Backup if somebody could explain to me how to remove the parts specifically that I personally will never need?

Thanks in advance! :D

2. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

I know that if you use Dvdshrink you can take out the extra's and different languages, but the only way that you could get rid of the stuff that you are talking about is to edit the dvd and re-author it.

3. clickclak

clickclak Guest

Okay, fair enough.. How would I go about doing that though?

I would rip the entire DVD with DVD-Decrypter, right? Then how do I go in-depth to edit the video? Any reccomended software, etc?

Thanks

4. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

Try using Vob Blanker. And this guide will help as well. Play around with Vob Blanker and have a little fun. You can remove just about anything off the movie you want. I just backed up Electra .... and all that is left is the movie...... the chapters and the deleted sceens. Every thing else is gone.

5. clickclak

clickclak Guest

wicked, the guide link didn't show up bassnut, but i'll definitely check out that program

thanks

anyone else?

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member