1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing unwanted items

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by BobC2, Dec 26, 2007.

1. BobC2

BobC2 Member

Sadly the best movies are the hugest. I've hit cases where I had to make brutal choices in dumping extras to get up to 70%.

However with DVDShrink I don't get how to dump them except by re-author, which I gather just stacks files sequentially, sacrificing menu control. If I want to stay on Full Disk (and keep menus) then I change compression from automatic to custom and pull the slider over. The problem is that it only goes down to, say, 40%. As far as #$^!!ing "previews of coming attractions" goes I'd be happier with .0000040%.

Are these my only two choices within DVDShrink? Would getting what I want mean going to customize on DVDFab Platinum or another product? (BTW, I don't see anything about customize or split on AnyDVD site) (Note, I can't find where you buy these through afterdawn. Every page seems to say "archival only.")

Restated: in Full Mode, does DVDShrink only remove subtitles and audio tracks, and compress the rest, and that's all the shrinking you get?

As always, I did work at finding this in guides and Google, and if I just missed it, please point me.

2. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

3. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

4. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Then there's always DL to keep the whole disc w/o compression.

5. BobC2

BobC2 Member

Thanks. I considered a possible workaround within DVDShrink, so just FTHOI I experimented with 100% size Shrinking to disk, then deleting specific files, then creating .ISO from THAT incomplete collection.

Ultimately that just seems like a poor man's way of avoiding paying $50, and in my case hunting and stabbing at which file corresponds to what, if it would resulted in a usable disk anyway. Never mind that idea!

Right as I'm previewing this I see the VOBBlanker suggestion. And about 49.95 less than DVDFab Platinum too - nice! I think I'm going to go ahead with Platinum for now, though, being impressed with its fans and its website. (So last chance if I should link somewhere besides dvdfab. or dvdidle. :) )

P.S. - sorry, what is DL?

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

DL means Dual Layer,or Double Layer. It's the equivalent of those larger dvd-9 movies which are huge-that have to be compressed. They're around 8.5 gbs.

Blank DL media runs about a buck apiece. You'll get a 1:1 copy keeping everything that you want. You also wouldn't need dvd shrink because no compression is needed. You can simply use dvd decrypter, Mode/ISO Read to harddrive. Then Mode/ISO write. Or you can use a better DL burn engine like IMG burn to do the burning. IMGburn is basically the same as dvd decrypter.

7. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

DL dual layer in +R discs that can be booked typed in some burners to dvd-rom for better playability.