1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing Win Service Pack 2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Billsride, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Billsride

Billsride Guest

I purchased a copy of DVD X COPY PLATINUM on Ebay. When it arrived there was an unmarked disk and a Installation Instruction Sheet. The top of the page has the sentence in large bold letters, "Please make sure you Uninstall "Windows Service Pack 2 Update" if you updated your computer or the Software WILL NOT perform correctly. I want to know if this is Necessary and if so, what are the consequences. I attempted to Uninstall the Service Pack but the Caution Prompt I received said that Uninstalling it affect 90% (programs may not work correctly)of the programs in my computer. I would appreciate any help that I can get. I also have a Retail version of DVD X COPY GOLD that is installed on my computer but I'm looking forward to trying the Platinum version because of it's advanced options.

2. nist

nist Member

Why not just try it out! Why shouldn't it work, what does the support page say? Program updates?
    If it works on SP2 then go for it. I would have installed it and it tried prior to uninstalling SP2. Try reinstalling SP2 since something seems to have happend when you uninstalled it and then install the program and see if it works. If not, uninstall SP2 and try it again.