1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing YDL for new HDD

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by biggzi, Dec 24, 2007.

1. biggzi

biggzi Member

I've got myself a new 250GB hdd for my PS3, and I want to copy everything off of my old hdd onto my new one, except from Yellow Dog Linux. I installed it a while ago, but never actually use it. Can anyone tell me how to actually erase it from my current hdd or how to backup all of my other stuff without it.

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

If you go under System Settings > Backup Utility, you can backup most of the data on to a USB flash drive or USB HDD. I've never actually tried it, but from what i know it only backs up stuff like Music, Game saves, photos, video etc. Then you can restore it from System Settings > Backup utility from another option listed there.

3. biggzi

biggzi Member

Sorry you must have misunderstood. What I meant was that I want to back up everything EXCEPT from YDL.

4. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

using the backup utility in the ps3 menu doesn't copy linux or downloaded games. just the games saves, game data, music, video and photos.

5. biggzi

biggzi Member

So your saying that if I do that it wont copy the linux, and I will only have to re-download the games?