1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ReMPEG - Quality?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Insite, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Insite

Insite Guest

I've been using ReMPEG to do some transcoding of VOBs to get the bitrates down on larger movies. The only quality issues that I've run into so far have been slight jumps at the chapter beginnings. Odd.

I haven't gone below about 70% on the bitrate conversion and was wondering at what point will I begin to notice significant quality degradation? Also, I've looked around a bit and found many guides to using ReMPEG, but I have yet to find one that really explains what all the different settings do. Anyone know of a place? I'm in the mood to tweak. Thanks.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I reckon you should get a bit of money together and get TMPGEnc Plus. The quality is much better than the free version. It also has way better support for audio than the free one that often messes up.

3. Insite

Insite Guest

Thanks. Is TMPEGEnc DTS capable?

4. Dela

Apparantly the free version isn't but i think the tmpgenc plus is so il check it out

5. Dela

Actually sorry, both versions do. TMPGEnc has support for almost anything in digital video its just a bit crappy with multiplexing manually

6. Insite

Insite Guest

Thanks. Just bought it. I'll give it a shot.