1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rempeg

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Elayne, Nov 3, 2002.

1. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

I have been fighting to shrink the blues brothers movies on and off the months. After ripping and ifoedit, it is 4.8gb. I have followed every thread here and at doom9. I get different version from different people and it is so confussing. Extract the audio file, don't extract the audio file and on and on. I have followed every guide for rempeg, auto-rempeg and for tmpgenc and I can't get any of it to work. Sometimes these programs will show after 12 hours that 4 bytes are done. Well, again last night, I used rempeg for the blues brothers and got my m2v file which is 3.75gb. When I open it up in ifoedit, it says there isn't a file. I can get the movie to open up in media player and it plays with no sound. I am at the point to just burn the movie and sing the parts myself. I have burned over 80 movies and split about 10 with no problem, but when it comes to this rempeg, I am at a total lost.
    Presently, I have all the ripped files, I have a cffl folder at 4.8gb and an m2v folder at 3.75gb which I can't get to work with ifoedt. Will someone please give me step by step directions on what to do. Thank you.

2. kezbudge

kezbudge Guest

hi there,
    what ripper do you use??
    I use smartripper,movie only,stream processing,I usually just tick ,movie file,usually all of the english audio channels even if I don't want them,nothing else,don't forget to tick "demux to extra file" after ticking each stream,rip them to a new folder on your desktop, your m2v file I would rename it to blue.m2v and your ac3 file rename to blue.ac3,have you used spruceup?? import files through spruceup then export,I usually set the output box to title set,click on advanced and make sure that the player and trial boxes are unchecked then click write,let it export it to it's default spruceup working/video_ts file,then use prassi or nero to create a new data disk and drag the audio and video folders ready to burn,good luck!!

3. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

Hi, thank you for your reply. I just finally gave up on this shrinking stuff. I had gotten so totally confussed and fed up. I'll wait until someone comes up with a program that will do the job. Until then, I'll just split the dvd. But again, thank you for your reply.
    Have a great holiday season.