1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ReMPEG2 Freeze at 99%

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Hung_Lo, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Hung_Lo

Hung_Lo Member

Hello all. Me new to the backup scene. I found some excellant easy to follow guides and was humming along fine. When I look at my computer this mornig I find that ReMPEG2 has frozen at 99%. I'm wondering if the file I created will still work. I just continued on with the de-mux part, but just wondering if I am wasting my time. These forms should have a search button for I'm sure that I have read this one before. If it still works I'll let everyone know.

Thanks

2. wetcat

wetcat Guest

there is a search button, look at the top of the screen. Anyway, my rempeg does the same thing sometimes and it doesn't really matter because most likely only the end of the credits will be lost. The file will still work when you use it later though.

3. mike4692

mike4692 Member

YEP, IT SHOULD STILL WORK OK THE RESULTING M2V FILE WILL STILL REMUX OK . THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME :0)

4. Hung_Lo

Hung_Lo Member

Yeah guys thank. It worked great. My only problem now is If there is a way to change the wide screen to a standard screen. I lose over a quarter of my 55 inch screen cause all the movies I own are widescreen. Would really like to know if there is a way to change

Thanks

5. bobby5411

bobby5411 Guest

I had simular problems with rempeg3 so swithed to tmpgenc and no further problem. I will post a a message below this and hope it helps.
    I use 2 methods. For over 4500meg (dvd 9) disks use simple dvd ripping method. for dvd less than 4500 meg i use a direct rip method. If you email me i can send you the instructions. They are easy to read with pics of the exact settings and will allow you to have a great copy of your purchased dvd movie. The instructions are too big to post here is why I say email me for them.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2002
  6. Hung_Lo

Hung_Lo Member

Bobby that would be great, but I don't know how to email you. Also do you have any experience with Warner Brothers movies. I tried to rip Swordfish to the hardrive and after I stripped out all the extras the file was big small enough for one DVD. Before I tried burning it I played from Harddrive. The sound and video seemed to sturter for a bit, maybe a couple of seconds. (I only watched for about 5 minutes, and seemed to clear up.) I heard that there is problems with Warner Brother movies and was wondering what the deal with those movies. I'll try burning just to see how it works with the set top.

Thanks

7. SevenVII

SevenVII Member

Happened to me as well, remuxing now and gonna see how she looks. This is my first rip, burn, encode...before this I just did layer 5s, this damn layer 9 stuff has been a trying experience, but I think I got it :)

8. bobby5411

bobby5411 Guest

If I can be of any help just let me know.

9. SevenVII

SevenVII Member

I used Rempeg and its making the output video choppy as heck. I am only using a scalefactor of 80% so i wouldnt think it would look that bad. Is it better recode with Tmpg? Because I have the .m2v I demuxed and want to encode it now, but only know how to do it with ReMPeg, and not Tmpeg. Help if ya can or tell me why my re-encoded video is so scattery.

10. bobby5411

bobby5411 Guest

email me at "Emails not allowed on this forum"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2002
  11. maxnrex

maxnrex Guest

I keep getting the following errors when trying to ReMpeg a ripped m2v file for the movie "signs". I have had great results before, but his movie is a pain to backup.

I select the m2v file and it analyzes for about 10-15 minutes. Then it freezes at 99% and then the xp eror reporting pops up. I select "Don't Send" then the whole program closes. I even try to reload the file and I get a error message in ReMpeg2 saying unsupported format.

Any suggestions? Can I rempeg a m2v file using a different program? Sometimes Rempeg2 gives me a problem. I appreciate anyone's advice.

Thanks
    -Al