1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

renting ps2 games = CIA interest?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by tankpower, Feb 6, 2005.

1. tankpower

tankpower Regular member

Just kidding, this isn't one of those retarded posts asking if Blockbuster games have chips in them to alert the MIB if you copy them.

Actually, I'm worried about scratches on the rental games affecting the burned iso images. Do you have a problem with this very often? If a game is too scratched to burn well, can you tell immediately or will it sometimes mess up halfway through playing the game?

It's no big deal either way, but right now I'm downloading a game (20 hrs left..) I could have rented and burned in 30 min if I wasn't paranoid about getting a crap burn. Is this unnecessary?

2. 50race

50race Member

Whos to say the copy of the game you are downloading wasnt ripped from a scratched disc. What you are doing is illegal if you dont have the original. but from wat i have heard a badly scratched disc can cause probs. like - wont be able to completely copy to ur hard drive, get halfway through the burn and quit, or yes bad game play... just theoretically speeching i would say if you plan on doing this only rent new releases. and dont download the game that has less chance of working than renting a scratched original. oh and you could always find a friend that has the game and barrow it from them.

3. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Lets say you're using dvd decrypter. if the disk is scrathed beyond belief, you will get a bunch on i/o errors while decrypting it. but DVDD will rip disks that look very scratched up, and if it gets to your hd without a bunch of errors popping you, you'll know you have a valid backup.