1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Repairing DVD files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MMoses999, Feb 9, 2007.

1. MMoses999

MMoses999 Member

Recently i have received advice for a damaged hard drive i have which contained several movies on it. I have been able to repair the drive and I have recovered several of the movies. They appear to be fully intact however I seem to be getting some unfamiliar errors which i never have when I used to burn these movies.

When trying to play the file Video_TS through my computer with nero showtime i receive an error: Sorry, the folder you have selected does not contain a valid DVD-Video, SVCD, or VCD structure. Please use the media files' function to brows and play back files from this folder. I have done this and all segments of the movie appear to work and are intact such as the VTS_01_1 and VTS_10_1 and so on. I was hoping someone could tell me how i might repair these files so the VIDEO_TS will once again run the movie as it should.

Also i have a problem with nero when trying to burn these same files to a DVD-R. I am familiar with burning and have never had issues or errors until now with these recovered movies. With nero when i try to start burning I immediatly receive events saying, "Backup file 'VIDEO_TS.BUP' should be identical to 'VIDEO_TS.IFO' and Backup file 'VTS_10.BUP' should be identical to 'VTS_10.IFO' and two other events similar to these two. This results in a event saying 'DVD-Video files compliance test failed' which results in the error: DVD-Video files compliance test failed. The resulting DVD-Video might be unplayable. Do you want to continue.

If you choose to continue nero will sort the DVD_Video files, Caching of the files will be completed but then i recevie another error: A non critical error occurred during the operation, which may result in a defective write. Do you wish to continue the write anyway?

If anyone has an idea about how i could fix these files to make them playable/burnable that would be awesome. I've never repaired DVD-Video files but im sure their are programs available that would do this. Again if anyone can offer me some assistance that would be awesome. Thanks for your time.

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

why don't you try a program called FixVTS.... it's free! just load the files up and let the program work

3. MMoses999

MMoses999 Member

I have a copy of FixVTS, however im not sure if I need to just run the Video_TS or if i need to run each dvd file through this program to make it work. Anyone got any ideas would appreciate it. Or if theirs another way to fix my dvd's love to hear your ideas, thanks for your time.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

For this problem you need to run the Full DVD option. You'll find that some of the new releases with heavier copy protection sometimes need the same processing for VTS structural errors.