1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

repairing home made dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by atvjimbo, Sep 22, 2004.

1. atvjimbo

atvjimbo Guest

I made a family dvd using a panasonic dvd-r recorder.
    Someware along the way it became unreadable. I bought a copy of dvdx rescue hoping to fix the problem. The program did read the disk and actually showed .vob files. I suspect the toc is messed up. Anyhow the program won't record any .vob files to my hard disk after running. If I try to record individual files I get a message that there isn't enough space for the file, but there is. Any suggestions or recomended software to recover these files?

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

3. atvjimbo

atvjimbo Guest

Yup, tried cleaning the disk. One other issue enters the overall picture, the disk was never finalized. The disk was created using many recording sessions, recovered from vhs tapes. I don't think I can recreate this recording, thus all the effort in trying to recover the .vob sessions. I don't know too much about the multiple recording sessions, is it possible I went over some limit thus messing up the toc? There was still recording space left befor the crash.

4. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

In that case your option is to try those programs I mentioned. Let us know if they work so we can recommend them to others!
    Adder.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Adder01... because Adder was taken.[/small]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004