1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

repeating/skippy screens

Discussion in 'PS2' started by KrnBoiJEL, Dec 28, 2004.

1. KrnBoiJEL

KrnBoiJEL Member

Hello, im very new to the whole backup games.

i have a modchip in my playstation2 that i bought from korea.

most backup games that i bought in thailand works.

Okay, so first of all i have a backup of a game; gradius.

inside it, theres all these files from .001 to .029 or so.

i read from a thread that i just need to extract one of these files (preferable .001) with winRaR.

I extracted .001 and came up with .bin and .cue files.

i burnt the .cue file on a CD-R with nero using the "burn image file" option.

When i put it into my Playstation2, the game actually works, but the screen looks like its moving upwards and when it gets to the top it resets to the middle and moves upward again. Almost like a filmstrip thats moving too slowly. i cannot really make out the words either.

Can someone please explain to me what is causing this problem?? Maybe its because i burnt it wrong?? or because i used CD-R instead of DVD-R?? or is the file corrupt?? or is it my mod-chip??

any help will be greatly appreciated, thx.

2. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

Are you using an NTSC PS2 or a PAL PS2? If you have a NTSC console for example and you play a PAL game the screen with skip and go black and white. I'm not sure what happens if you have a PAL console and try to play an NTSC game on it thow.

If that is the case check out this site http://www.geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/

3. KrnBoiJEL

KrnBoiJEL Member

how can you tell if you have a PAL or NTSC system??? and how do you tell if the game is PAL or NTSC?

4. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

The Americas and Asia use NTSC and Europe uses PAL. Also the manual that came with your PS2 should say wether its NTSC or PAL and reatil games will say wether they are PAL or NTSC in the upper right hand corner.