1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replaced harddrive, but now gives me error (PLEASE HELP!!!)

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by rockytrh, Mar 9, 2007.

1. rockytrh

rockytrh Member

I softmodded my xbox and tryed to replace the harddrive, but now when I boot, i get a screen that says my xbox needs service. I am not sure how to fix this problem, please help.

I used krazie's ndure softmod and I have a version 6 xbox. I used xbox hdm 1.9 to make a backup of my drive and am not sure what to do here. Perhaps it has something to do with i couldn't lock my harddrive, my comp bios wouldn't let me. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Edited to add: I know the problem now is that i cannot lock my harddrive. When i boot up, my bios freezes the drive so i can't lock it. I dont' know how to fix that problem, i have been searching my bios for a method to let it pass, but no luck yet

again, any help would be appreciated

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  2. theridges

theridges Guest

what drive is it exactly?
    did you get the eeprom off of your original HD so you could lock this one??
    if you did and it still dont work the only way to lock it is with a modchip..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2007
  3. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

So you tried to upgrade your hdd, now how exactly did you try to lock it? through your computer or through your xbox? Like the other post said, you did make sure to lock the hdd with the correct key right? Also are you sure you have it set to master (the new drive) I noticed that I'll get a lock up just like that when I didn't change the jumper settings (just try changing it to cable select, master, slave, etc.) see if that works. Other wise can you start back from the beginning? cuz if so I might be able to show you a different way, much easier or at least learn with you and see what I can do to help.

Let us know if we can help out anymore,
    Degalle

4. rockytrh

rockytrh Member

I was attempting to lock it with my computer (with xboxhdm linux tools), and yeah, i had the correct key, but it wouldn't let me lock it. I tried what you said with the jumper thing, and that worked perfectly when I switched it to Master instead of single. I never thought of that.

Thank you very much!!

5. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

No problem glad that helped, it's just one of those weird things you learn once you have done it a hundred times lol.

Laterz,
    Degalle