1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replaced My Ipod Mini Battery but it won't charge

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by cmagus, Jul 6, 2007.

1. cmagus

cmagus Member

I just replaced my Ipod Mini battery.I did it correctly as I followed the video on cnet and I was extremely careful so nothing was damaged (im not tech dumb lol so everything was handeled carefully).Problem is I put in my new battery and when I plug it into my laptop for charging it displays the low battery life icon.That is fine it takes a few hours to charge the battery.

It has been a full day and the battery icon is still on screen which leads me to believe it isn't charging it because even unplugging it ,it doesn't work I have also done a reset.When unplugged the battery icon stays for abit then an icon with a battery and exclamation point shows up and it shuts off.Does anyone know what may be the problem here and could lend a hand.

Thanks

2. kazauk

kazauk Member

hi there
    it might be your charger is faulty or may have faulty cable checked tht

3. cmagus

cmagus Member

I tried a second cord but still nothing now it won't even pick up anything.I guess it is just dead

4. david94

david94 Regular member

is that screen freeze and just stay there
    press the menu botton and the center botton at the same time and keep them pressed in untill the apple logo appears

5. cmagus

cmagus Member

I did that already and still nothing happened.It won't even give me the icon anymore when I plug it in.