1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement Wii Fan

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by j314, Jun 16, 2007.

1. j314

j314 Member

Hey all,
    I've had the wiikey installed for a month or so now without any problems, until my friend's cats knocked the wii off the shelf last weekend. Now the system and the wiikey still work but after a while the wii powers off and won't turn back on until you unplug and plug the power back in. It will boot later but turns itself off after a while again.
    I'm pretty sure the fan got shot and it's overheating. I was wondering if anyone knew what type of fan part this was and where I could get a replacement? I can't find any wii parts online besides controllers and things. If I modded the case and mounted a regular CPU fan plugged into the old fan power supply, would it work? Is there any danger of overloading the system with a bigger fan?
    Thanks...

2. juice381

juice381 Member

3. cycon0

cycon0 Member

4. j314

j314 Member

Thanks for the reply and the link! That thing looks cool and is reasonably priced.

I think I fixed it--I stuck a screw driver in and pushed it and the blades felt stuck, but after a few turns it started spinning again. Now it seems to work again and hasn't rebooted again.

Phew! Thanks again for your help!