1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing 360 Benq Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Neef, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Neef

Neef Member

I have a fat 360 with a broken Benq drive that is legit, free of hacks, mods, etc. I'm looking for the easiest way to replace the drive that carries no risk of the ban hammer from M$ so that I can continue to play on XBL. So far, I've read of two options:

Option 1: Flash the new drive with the old drive's key and install. However, I've heard that this flash could be detected by M$ once I go online and I could be flagged for a ban.

Option 2: Replace the PCB in the new drive with the one from the old. This option requires soldering, which I have no experience with, however, I have seen several videos and how-tos for this specific fix and feel confident I could do it.

Are there any other options? Any information I've presented here that isn't correct? Thanks!

2. BillB

BillB Regular member

Option 1: As long as you get your specific drive and flash it properly with the right dvdkey with original firmware, no problems with getting banned from live.

Option 2: Soldering is pretty easy, but what is easy for some is impossible for others. Practice on something that is already broken first.

You've done your research, now implement it :)

3. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

Like BillB said, soldering is pretty easy (at least this type of job). There are only 6 or 7 wires to remove, and the Solder points are pretty big, making it super easy. Give it a shot.