1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing a Liteon-spoofed benQ with a Liteon drive, do I need to probe?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by solidbaseseven, Dec 30, 2012.

1. solidbaseseven

solidbaseseven Member

Hi I have a Jasper board, (sent my benQ off the the guy who I bought the board off to pair it with the board), and when I recently tried to return my FW to stock to update the dash, realised the the original drive for the board must have been a liteon 9. as it seems that this is what the benQ was spoofed as. Clearly as I have been able to swap FW on the benQ, and all works a treat with exception to updating the dash, the key is sound. I have purchased a liteon 7 drive, and what I need to know is... do I need to go through the probe process? I have the key, so what more would I need? I mean to use stock FW with the liteon to update to the latest dash, and then swap it out with the benQ as the literature would suggest it is a much less "picky" drive and save the liteon for dash updates only. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

load the key and liteon original firmware in JF and write it to the drive, most likely you will never have to flash it again so i would just leave the liteon in the machine!