1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing a screen on a Toshiba Satelite Pro u200

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by LDee, Sep 14, 2007.

1. LDee

LDee Regular member

Been looking on the web for this and have only found service manuals (for not even the exact model) for sale on ebay, and you have to pay for them (i cant). Toshiba support or the parts company "don't give out that information".

I can't open the screen part of the case! I get the two screws out at the top on either side, they are under the little rubber things, but have no idea how to undo anything else, and the thing isn't opening like this. Obviously I don't want to force anything.

Can anyone help?

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

All I can suggest is remove all the screws you can find, take off the keyboard, and try and find something underneath to release it.

3. LDee

LDee Regular member

Well I'll try that on Monday but even where I've taken the 2 screws out of the top of the case above the screen (and there are no other screws there), not even the top part will fully open up there is something else holding it and where it won't come apart there is no screw or anything discernable holding it. But I'll try looking under they keyboard anyway, thanks.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

5. LDee

LDee Regular member

Thanks very much for that link ddp. Unfortunatley it doesn't seem to have anything on that site for the satelite pro u200 specifically, but this is still by far my best lead. Perhaps another model will have similar mountings etc.

As far as I know the "Satelite Pro u200" is a UK only model but perhaps it has an equivalent for other locations with a different name. I'll phone Toshiba and see if they know when they open in the morning.

On the other models looks like you remove two screws (makes sense on the one I'm doing too) and then undo a lot of latches by "gently sliding fingers between the screen and case and prying them open", hmm, sounds a bot dodgy but I'll give it a try.

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Don't feel too doubtful, you remove the entire front panel of my case by simply pulling it off, hard.

7. ianski7

ianski7 Guest

Hi, take some pics and post them so we can see the unit........They are not that complicated to service. Its just a matter of seeing it.

8. ddp

9. LDee

LDee Regular member

Thanks for that link, I managed to do it alright in the end (not before boss snapped one of the plastic sides that surround the screen, ouch). The thing was, there were 2 more screws in the bottom but they were covered by these square things that really really don't look like screw covers, fooled everyone. I've learned my lesson.

10. ddp

no problem, teach & learn