1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing Analog Joystick on PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by heeseop, Jul 16, 2007.

1. heeseop

heeseop Member

Anyone have there analog stick break off? Mine just broke and wondering if it can be replaced. If so, how do you do it? If not I may just chuck it against the wall.

Thanks

2. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

get a new one somewhere, go to like eb and take it from one of their psp's lol it shouldn't be hard to replace.

3. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

Are you talking about the little rubber skin on it, if so just search online for them or call sony, the can easily be replaced, and you can get them in a variety of colors, your local video game store might have them too.

4. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

You can get those replacement nubs for pretty cheap-they just pop in..But if the analog stopped working altogether, then you will have to get a new analog assembly-and that requires taking the faceplate off. But its easy to take off the faceplate, theres just 6 screws for the faceplate, and 2 for the analog assembly...

5. heeseop

heeseop Member

I already bought the replacement nubs that come in 3 colors, but the actual little arm that holds the nubs on broke.

where can I get a new analog assembly as it looks like I will need to have that replaced. Any ideas?

6. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Ohhhh...Bummer about the little stick breaking-

Yeah, you'll need to replace the whole assembly then...Try eBay-you can get them for cheap on there...Might as well grab a slick new faceplate while you are there too...I have been wanting a clear see-through one myself for a while now...

7. heeseop

heeseop Member

thanks guys

8. heeseop

heeseop Member

1 more thing.

you said there were 6 screws, but I only see 3 on outside. 1 by the serial# and 2 on the bottom by the memory stick slot. I see 1 more in the battery compartment. Is that one of the 6? Where are other 2?

I would prefer not to mess it up.

Thanks Again

9. heeseop

heeseop Member

never mind as I found a tutorial

Thanks Though