1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing my xbox hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by mrpoo22, Oct 6, 2004.

1. mrpoo22

mrpoo22 Member

I recently bought a pre modded xbox with the executioner chip installed. It lets me save my games onto the hard drive but it is only fitted with the basic hard drive so i can only save 2 or 3 games onto it. Please can some one tell me what i'll have to do to replace the hard drive for say a 120gig one? what type of hard drive does it need to be and also will i need to re install all the programs onto the new hard drive or can i copy them from the old one?

Im not entirely familiar with xbox modding as my console came pre modded so is there any way i can break my xbox doing this or ruin the chip installed.

Hope you guys can help, many thanks!

P.S what hard drive would u recomend and who are the best retailers

CHEERS!

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

3. mrpoo22

mrpoo22 Member

Thanks alot for your help :)

4. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Western Digital are the most expensive drives. Tiger Direct.com has 60G Maxtors for $60. They also have larger drives.

5. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

No problem mrpoo.

I don't think WD drives are that much expensive. I bought a 250GB for $150 at http://www.newegg.com/