1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing/removing fuses on my ps2 motherboard

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by suprax, Dec 23, 2004.

1. suprax

suprax Member

My PS v7 PS5 fuse is blown, preventing my fan from working. Can anyone explain how exactly to remove and replace the fuse? It must be held in on each side by the metal parts but how do you get the fuse out?

Do you slide it out or do you have to bend those metal parts back and remove it like that? Any help would be great, I'm desperate, and as soon as I can get the sucker out I know I'll be able to get it working.

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

If its just a usual glass fuse, just hold it by the main body and pull it out.

3. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

He's not talking about the main power supply glass fuse. The fuses on the motherboard are soldered on and must be heated up with a soldering iron to remove. The same also applies to attaching the new fuse as well.

4. gnznroses

gnznroses Member

i need to replace the .4 Amp PS1 fuse. i can't find one anywhere tho. anyone know where to get one? just a simple fuse in the middle of a wire would work (i think they are pico fuses).

i found a 0.5 amp but not 0.4. plus they charged $8 s&h...

5. suprax

suprax Member

Does anyone know where I can connect an external fan on my ps2? I'm thinking of putting a computer 80mm fan on the rear of my ps2 to cool it and I'm not exactly sure where to solder/connect the power and ground.

Anyone?