1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing v79 HITACHI

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by AvidGamer, Oct 23, 2007.

1. AvidGamer

AvidGamer Member

I have a Toshiba-Samsung Motherboard that has went Red light since 10pm this evening.. but i also have a v79 HITACHI elite.. i was wondering is there a way to take my Toshiba-Samsung Drive already flashed and replace my v79 HITACHI with it and have my elite run with the Toshiba-Samsung in it? I flashed the Toshiba-Samsung myself but i dont have the equipment or skills to flash a v79 HITACHI.. if anyone has a answer would be much apperciated.. or can at least lead me to a tutorial

2. theridges

theridges Guest

you will have to put the passkey on the 79k drive to get the drivekey which will require soldering...
    what you can do is take the warranty sticker of the 79k if you still have it..reflash your other drive back to original put the warranty sticker on and ship it back to M$ for repair.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2007
  3. AvidGamer

AvidGamer Member

no warranty sticker on the elite.. lol i bought it to flash it at first then i just bought a used 360 when i found out i could not flash the elite.. guess im pretty much out of luck since i do not have solder skills at all trying a modchip a wii proved that to me i will not make that mistake twice.. thank you i guess ill go out and buy another used and flash it...

4. wabashman

wabashman Active member

you can buy the warranty stickers off of ebay and still swap the drives out and send it back. but where there ever any elites that had a samsung drive in it?

5. theridges

theridges Guest

nope as far as i know it only came with 78's,79's and benQ drives...