1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing xbox dvd-rom

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by R.A.G.S, Nov 15, 2004.

1. R.A.G.S

R.A.G.S Regular member

Hi all,

I am having problems with playing dvd's on my xbox as I have realised how rubbish the DVD-Roms in the xbox are.I kno I can try different media but I dnt wanna be waisting time burning the same film on disc after disc. At a computer fare I was told by a guy modding xbox's that I can get any good DVD-Rom and just put it in the XBOX and it will work...ofcourse as long as the xbox has been modified, with the limitation that it wont boot origional XBOX games. Now that is fine as all the games are on my HDD. Can some one please confirm this. Or advise me on how to do this.

2. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

get a samsung original dvd from ebay for 70 bucks. you have to mod pc dvd's to even work in an xbox.

3. wookie356

wookie356 Guest

I agree. Make sure to get the original Samsung brand. Stay away from Thompson or Phillips one.

4. syseen

syseen Member

why is it so ill advised to swap dvd rom modles. say takeing a samsung dvd and replaceing it witha phillips?

5. rcade

rcade Guest

6. uratowel

uratowel Member

yea i agree with otehrs in buying a samsung drive...
    i got mien for 65 bux... plays ANYTHING i throw at it.... cd-r....dvd+r...dvd-r...+-RW...its da best

7. ozonetome

ozonetome Member

ever have problems with the sammy mines doesn't open with eject button used to open witnh sammy buttom but can't close cas