1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replaying Burned Discs

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by tammy2, Jun 19, 2007.

1. tammy2

tammy2 Member

After shrinking dvd and burning to DVD-RW Disc, my DVD Player will not playback, however, they will will playback on my PC.
    My DVD Player is a Panasonic DVD Home Theatre Sound System Model SC-HT880W.
    Can you please suggest a simple solution as I am not at all up with the technical jargon.

Thanks heaps
    Tammy2

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Looks like a neat system (wireless) Anyway it looks like it should play DVD-RW, but you probably want to try some different disks as your player might not like the brand you are using. I would suggest you go with some plain DVD+R's instead of the RW's they always seem to play better in stand alone players.

Hope this helps.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

One other thing I just thought of. Are you finalizing these disks before you try to play them? They have to be finalized for anything other than the drive that created them to be able to read them.

4. tammy2

tammy2 Member

Dear bbmayo
    Sorry I didn'y answer your question sooner, however, because I haven't used this site before, I posted a new thread instead, for which I was informed was incorrect.

I am using an Acer Aspire 3683 notebook.
    DVD/CD drive is Optiarc DVD RW AD-7530A ATA Device
    I bought new discs which were recommended - TDK DVD + R 1 x 8x 4.7GB Single Sided
    Burned at 8x speed
    I have tried at Both types of format options and am still unable to play on DVD Player - I also checked about finalising and my help centre tells me this is automatic when disc ejects.

I hope this is enough information for you - thanks for your help

Tammy2

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK the +R disks won't need to be finalized as this is automatic, but if you were still using RW disks then they would need finalized.

I am not sure of your whole process in backing up your DVD so it is hard to say what is going on here. Can you provide a little more information? Like what is your whole process and is this an original DVD you are backing up? What program are you using to get past the encryption and what program are you actually using to burn the DVD?

Here is a guide I created that could help you out
    Backup Guide

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  6. tammy2

tammy2 Member

Dear bbmayo
    Thanks so much for all the directions you posted and the extra downloads I needed - I will try following all your directions ( 1 to 38) next time, and see how I go. If that doesn't work I'll get back to you.

Just in case you still need to know - my burner is optiarc DVD RW
    AD-7530A.
    Am only using DVD Shrink to get past the encryption.

I will try your way - thanks.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah DVD Shrink isn't going to cut it for decryption purposes anymore if you use the guide a provided you should see some better results/ Be sure to post back and let us know how it works out for you.

Cheers!

8. tammy2

tammy2 Member

Dear bbmayo

Sorry to trouble you again, you must think I am really dumb, however this is the first time I have ever tried to burn anything. This computer also runs on Vista Basics and I don't find it as easy to understand as XP Professional.

I have followed all your steps from 1 - 38 using dvdfab5, dvdfix & dvd shrink. One thing I am lost at is item 31 -
    (a)Select iso image file - but then you say - burn with Img Burn - I don't have Img Burn to select - I only have the option of iso image, which I selected and did all the other steps to step 35 & the encoding happened o.k. but you then say at item 36 shrink will automatically fire up ImgBurn etc. but I don't think this happened.

How do I burn the Movie?

I have tried by burning from target drive to disk drive a couple of times, but this does'nt work and I have also tried to burn through the DVD Maker Program NTI CD & DVD Maker7, but this didn't work either.

What am I doing wrong.

Look forward to your reply, once again I apologise for troubling you.

Thanks again,
    Tammy2

9. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

10. tammy2

tammy2 Member

dear bbmayo

Thank you so much for all of your help - I didn't realise that I needed a burning program - I downloaded ImgBurn and followed your step by step instructions and everything works fine.

I hope I won't have to bother you again.

Thanks to the other members who also offered their assistance.

Mission complete.

Tammy2

11. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

have you tryed playing the disk on any other standalone dvd player, i have a system just like yours but it is not wireless, and sometimes they can be picky on what brand of dvd media it will play, try playing the disk at a friends house,and if it plays you know that your standalone home theatre don't like that disk, good luck