1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replying to long threads should be more tolerable now

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, Sep 22, 2003.

1. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

OK, the old method of replying to LOOONG discussion threads has been changed. In the old system, underneath the msg box you would see every single message in that thread -- which, in cases, meant over 1000 messages on one page. Now, only 25 latest msgs will be shown, therefor the loading times of such pages should be cut down to a very minimum.

2. LAZY321

LAZY321 Member

hey this is off subject to what you are talkin about but one question.
    how do member titles get moved up like newbie to junior member to senior, is there a forum where that answer is. i like what you are doin here daBoss and would like to be of some higher rank than a newbie because there are some silly questions comin from some newbies

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

LOL... if i remember correctly.... i think its something around 25? posts for Junior and 100 posts for Member. Everything else is handpicked.

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Thank you for the 25 limit. I have noticed the upload difference. Before had to wait a bit. I have notices some times that when I am replying to a thread, that some times an advertisments blocks out the Reply button under this Message section. That is a pain, but haven't seen it in the last few reply messages.
    Thanks for the hard work.