1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request for all regular users of our forums

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andmerr

andmerr Guest

How about neph's junior newbie.A new title for a funny man

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I'm as cheeky as they get! I still love you Neph, in spite of what I might say. I like the promotion to God though! :)

Don't fancy cleaning undies for 2 years. UUGGGHHH!!!! Fortunately, I go commando, so I don't have any to clean any of my own!!!!

Pulsar,

Soon to be banned!!

By Neph!! LOL

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I love ya too pulsar - it's all in good fun :)

To all,

Although it's been fun this thread is straying too far from an otherwise serious announcement ;)

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

wheres drD going? sorry hes daboss, you want to be higher aye pulsar

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2005
  5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Back to the point, you guys are hilarious BTW. I probably spend way to much time here, (I got hurt and can no longer work) but I really enjoy this site and it gives me something to do. Not only did I not know much about pc's but knew less about burning dvd's. I know (as most of us probably do) what it feels like to be a newbie. I got started with a litey 451 that came bundled with DVDXCOPY Xpress. Well I thought I knew more than I did and got into a fired up debate with uncle ScubaPete about which had better vidio quality, dvd shrink (before vs 3.2) or XCOPY Xpress. Well Doc 409 jumped in and held my hand and me n Pete settled our differences. I know have a world of respect for Pete and I hope he has some for me. I too get discouraged sometimes with newbies especially when they answer back with something like "I already tried that" or "anymore brilliant ideas" or "don't you think I know that" all in cap letters.

As a senior member I really enjoy helping others here period and hope that they will be reassured that I (usually) know what I am talking about and if I didn't help them solve their problem at least I gave it a valliant effort. If they get impatient or behave childish, I just remind myself of where I was at before learning all I have here. I've made a lot of new friends (at least from my point of view).

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

here here to mort!

i off to go newbie spanking.....

7. shirazpri

shirazpri Guest

Dvd Shrink - I can save a backed up dvd to my documents. But when i extract the relevent video files and play them in the editing section of Win Dvd Creator - generally 3 to 5 files. Normally i check each file, and when it plays video with audio on all files i don't have any problem burning to dvd. I am finding that quite often one or more of these files have no audio which is reflected in the burned dvd. If i go back to Dvd Shrink - extract the file and preview it - it plays fine. Could anybody point me in the right dirction.

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2005
  9. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

I agree with you intirely, the sacarcastic remarks aimed at noobs annoys the hell out of me.

10. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I hate sacarcasm too!

Pulsar

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  11. andmerr

andmerr Guest

apologies if you were offended pulsar

12. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Apology not required, you have never offended me!! Well, not yet any way! It would take quite a lot to offend me!! LOL!!

Pulsar.

PS, did you like my spelling of sarcasm? Look at the thread above to see why!!

13. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i did notice man

andmerr

14. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Sarcasm is really cool if it is aimed properly, such as at good friends, who aren't being rude.

But yeah, directing it towards a new user is perhaps a way for that user not to learn anything from AfterDawn.

;)

15. andmerr

andmerr Guest

Oh yes Please Mr Venom, give me some.I'm most deserving of some of your best Sarcasm.(bit much aye}

16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

yes!!!!

17. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

yes its soooooooo easy for things to get out of hand, so best not do it at all, just reply with help or reply not.

;-])

18. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

hi. back from sea. i thought sacarcasm was a fish. ha.ha. this thread seems to have got a life of it's own. keep it going. andmerr and nephilims, as you can see still have'nt got my picture on here yet. completely baffled at mo. geoff

19. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

[​IMG]

[*img*]http://www.hairobics.fsworld.co.uk/genie.gif[*/*img*]

take out the 5 * and close the gap up! then the link will show a picture like above genie

20. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

Rotary. thanks for the info. am halfway there, you'll all know when iv'e cracked it with everyones help cause i'll have a pic. geoff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.