1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

request for assist... itunes and mediamonkey

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by shwn, Aug 18, 2007.

1. shwn

shwn Member

I have been using mediamonkey to update files on my 30gb ipod... I want to add a few more videos, but mediamonkey doesn't do that, so I re-loaded itunes.

Now I can't sync my ipod to itunes to add videos without erasing it first... Is there anyway around this? The error I recieve from itunes is "This Ipod is currently sync'd to another itunes database. If you wish to use this itunes, it must first be erased and then re-sync'd to this itunes." (I'm paraphrasing there...)

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Set the iPod to 'Manually Update All Songs & Playlists'. This way, it won't erase all your music from MediaMonkey on the iPod, and you can still add files from iTunes.

3. shwn

shwn Member

I've tried that using the instructions from the top thread in this section, but it doesn't work...

Not sure what else to do...

4. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Well since you want videos on the iPod, I feel it would be easier for you and a lot faster to just use iTunes or another iPod compatible program that supports video syncing with it.

5. shwn

shwn Member

Time to clean it out and start from scratch...

oh well...