1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Requesting help with the Softmod/Eploit...please?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by AtariBorn, Feb 21, 2005.

1. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

This is my first post, so please don't slam me on the protocols on requesting help. I've read through several FAQS on the site and others, and to no avail.

I'm having some trouble getting my exploit files onto my PS2 memory card. After several hours of searching, I've found out that I'm unbale to use my Action Replay v2 (version 2.30 NTSC, the one that came with the "Bonus" PSOne Disc) to swap using the slide card/knife routine, because I have a V7 PS2, which appearently identifies a swap attempt like this.

But I've also noticed that in my "Memory Manager", in the Action Replay menu, there are 2 memory card icons (My 8Mb PS2 card and AR dongle) and an icon of, what appears to be, an Iomega Zip Drive!!!

Now, I've heard of Datel's SharkDrive and the X-Drive that Iomega evidently produced, but nothing I can find online says anything about the AR V2 needing a proprietary Zip drive specifically made for the Action Replay/Gameshark that is sold seperately, all my search results say "Even Works With an Iomega Zip 100 Drive! (sold seperately)."

My question is, is it possible to use a standard Iomega Zip 100 drive in conjuction with an Action Replay Version 2.30? If so, what am I doing wrong?

By the way, I believe the drive I have isn't the Original Iomega Zip 100 USB...the one I have is the "USB Powered" Zip 100. Could this be my problem?

or could it be that the icon in the memory manager is showing a Zip 250 USB?

If I'm unable to use either Zip drive...what are some other methods of transferring PS2 saves from my PC to my PS2 to get the exploit/s working?

I'm not sure about any of the Swap type loaders that would work on my v7 Ps2 and I'd rather not waste money or time on a swap method that would most likely fail. And I really don't want to use a chip.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    AtariBorn

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  2. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

Anyone have any solutions?