1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Requiem for my Collection - Your Help Needed :(

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Towny82, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Towny82

Towny82 Member

I have a modded xbox with a duo x3 chip

All was going swimmingly, with my 320gig hdd loaded with games, movies, tv shows..

Then, I was uploading some episodes of american dad.. and it was konking out slightly (causing the video I was playing to pause sporadically..) then.. when I went to reupload... the majority of my directories (on the F parition) seemed to go missing or become empty.. and then the xbox went black.

Then when I turned it off and back on, it just sits on the splash screen saying "Slayers 2.7"

I paid for it to get modded so I didnt do the original install..

I used the DVD the guy who built my XBOX used and tried to reinstall XBMC as the dash.. then it loaded to error 21 saying the XBOX needed service.

I used the SlaYers boot DVD to FTP into the box and I checked my F partition and all my movies and TV shows were gone :(

All of my games, still on the F partition, were still there however..

Does anyone have any idea how I can recover them? Or if I can?

My only idea is to unlock the HDD, then plug it into my computer and try to run disk operations on it.. but I dont know if that would even be supported..

Any help appreciated.

2. SL7Rips

SL7Rips Regular member

i had the same problem, but i just went and bought a new modchip.

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Chip is damaged, probably just a broken wire or bad solder joint!

4. SL7Rips

SL7Rips Regular member

Hey

Give The Xecuter 2.6 CE A Shot,i bought that and havnt had a problem yet.

5. Towny82

Towny82 Member

Well, the info I've gathered is that it appears the partition was formatted in 16k clusters not 32k which caused it to wipe its own parition table and go nuts when a certain amount of data was hit (256gb)

Which doesnt have anything to do with a bad chip.. just badly formatted partitions..

Ill update this thread with developments. One option was to try to recover FATX items but i opted not to, despite how much i loved my collection, because i cant be fucked hot swapping the drive