1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reservoir Dogs

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by c32077, Apr 19, 2010.

1. c32077

c32077 Member

Hello all,

First post here. I wanted to know if anyone has had the same trouble I'm having when ripping a DVD.

I bought the Reservoir Dogs 15th Anniversary Edition. This DVD comes in an aluminum case that is shaped like a gas can. The top comes off and inside is 2 DVD set enclosed in a large matchbook shaped case. I wanted to rip it to my computer to keep the case and DVD in their best condition. However, I am having trouble.

I am on a Mac and every piece of ripping software I use to try to back this up fails. None of them fail outright from the start. They all start off fine but each one gets to a certain point and then stalls or freezes there. None of the places where they freeze are consistent among the different softwares but they are all consistently freezing at the same point when attempted again in the same software. Example - Ripit freezes at 60% consistently, Mac DVD Ripper Pro freezes at 4% consistently, etc.

This disc is the only one out of my library that does this and it does it every time, sometimes causing the computer to freeze up. The disc surface is pristine. It has only been played once and has never been removed from the case except for this back-up attempt.

Has anyone else run into this issue on a Mac with this or another DVD? Have you found a way around this or an app that has proven successful for you?

Thanks in advance.

Peace

2. Paula_X

Paula_X Guest

3. c32077

c32077 Member

I wasn't asking for a Mac/PC bash session. I offered the information about me using a Mac to avoid receiving info about applications that I can't use. I'm not a programmer and I have no intention of running a bunch of scripts to convert my DVD to avi when that is not at all what I asked for. Nowhere in my OP did I ask to convert this DVD nor did I express my opinion about which OS is superior or inferior. So it seems your link and your condescending attempt to offer mockery in the guise of assistance is completely useless on all accounts. If you would care to absorb the information I've supplied instead of jump on your horse and start charging, you would have realized the following:

I am supplying these details in an effort to get help with an issue that someone else may have run into using the same apps and the same DVD. I'm not asking to convert it to anything else. I am trying only to rip this DVD to a file on my computer with the ".dvdmedia" extension (which is basically just the _TS files bundled together to allow my default DVD player to read them). I'm not announcing that I have a Mac in some kind of childish pissing contest. That is a detail that I think most people willing to offer help would require to avoid any confusion.

I came to this forum with hope for assistance, but you offer none. You are a child with poor comprehension skills offering condescension and a link to irrelevant code. None of which is very helpful is it? Please refrain from any further posts here on this topic. Thank you.

(end of rant)

I apologize that my second post on this forum has come to be so abrasive. The above message is directed solely at Paula_X and is not my general feeling toward the forum. I believe there must be someone here who can help me or at least offer some pertinent information. I have come here for your help and I do hope it can be found.

I will disregard any further remarks from Paula_X and focus only on the topic.

Thanks again and I apologize for my negativity above.

4. djhotwhee

djhotwhee Member

Have you tried Mac The Ripper?
    Version 3 or 4?

Have you tried to use Handbrake and VLC?