1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reset bios

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Z3120, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

I was running my Hitachi Deskstar 80GB and my Maxtor 500GB completely fine until I decided to fetch my Western Digital 80GB to get some old files. I think I accidentally set the jumper to Master for my WD hdd because my CPU warned me of a change in boot priority. Long story short (somewhat), I accidentally loaded fail-safe default on my Phoenix AwardBios v6 motherboard. Now every time I arrive at the 2nd page when I startup my computer, nothing but my motherboard's name shows up and I can't access setup.

I heard resetting my bios could solve my problem but I'm having trouble locating a manual or something online for jumper settings to reset my bios? Not sure what I really need to do really. Help?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  2. LDee

LDee Regular member

To reset your bios take out the power from the pc and open it then take out the battery (probably a cr2032, looks like a watch battery) from the motherboard. Leave it out for a minute or so then put it back in try going into bios again. If there is a little button (often yellow in colour) on the mboard near the bios chip, press that too, its a reset button, but taking the battery out should do the trick regardless.

3. varnull

varnull Guest

There should be an obvious jumper near the battery.. red or yellow across 2 pins of a 3 pin set. Move it on to the next pin along.. count to 20 and put it back... bios will be back to defaults.