1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reset/Eject Button Wont work. PS2 Wont Load. New PS2??

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Raiten, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

I've searched the forums with about 9 different key words that i could think about for this subject matter but to no avail. So if there is already a thread with this info please don't flame me, since i was unable to find it. I recently installed a Flip Top on my PS2 (V1 Model, first release) For the first day and a half it worked great, played my copied games with no problems, sure the disc took a while to read but i'm assuming that's a laser issue.

Now the Reset/Eject buttons won't work, they either both turn on and the eject does nothing. I press eject and it just blinks and no response. Other times i hit the reset button and the eject light doesn't even come on. And other times i hit reset and they both turn on, but the PS2 just has a black screen "thinking" about loading up. I'm confused as to why this is happeneing, i made sure that the cables for the buttons were not pinched, and i cleaned the laser with alcohol and a wipe just to make sure it would be clean.

Since this is a V1 PS2 model i'm assuming it's time for a new one, but if there is a chance i can save $100 could i just buy a new laser and cable for the reset/eject buttons? Would that fix my problem, or is my dilemma more complicated than just that?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

3. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

Well i probably should have posted that originally, i've adjusted that laser height every which way possible, hell i've probably put it at a height it's not capable of going! [/sarcasm]

I've search other forums for any info on this problem, but i couldn't find anything regarding it.

4. Rab!

Rab! Member

Hey, I'd've thought when pulling off the old PS2 case you yanked the ribbon to the power and reset buttons, which is making the PS2 act dodgy, ie not fully receiving the signals from the buttons. Thats a guess, because I dont see how (as long as you took care) you couldve duffed up the laser and for the laser to give those kinda problems... if the laser didnt work the discs wouldnt load, not the tray not opening etc..
    Just a guess.
    Good luck!