1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reset/Eject Flip Top Problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by micolahan, Jun 17, 2004.

1. micolahan

micolahan Member

right just installed a flip top cover on my ps2 and the first time i put a game in it worked perfectly!. now however, i went back to it about 20 mins later and it doesn't work....when i put the swap disk in, it takes ages to load up (stays on the browser screen forever) and also sometimes gives a disc read error. Then when it finally does go to the "insert disc" screen, it fails to load the copy (the same one that was working 20 minutes previously) giving a red screen instead of the blue one which lets u know it has worked....

i had a quick peek inside and i have seen that the silver ribbon from the reset/power buttons is a little damaged....would this have any effect on the swap system being able to load up? also it loads up original games as quick as it used to with no errors....

also could ya point me in the direction of a guide to replace the silver ribbon?

ta, mic

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

the ribbon shouldn't have anything to do with it. First thing i would try is taking a q-tip with rubbing alcohol and clean your laser.

3. micolahan

micolahan Member

well i went to clean the lens, and there seems to be a little black dot underneath the glass in the lens of the laser...not sure if this is supposed to be there or not, but it's underneath and unreachable, so is that part of the laser or did something get in there accidentally?

ta, mic