1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reset glitch modchips

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by XIX19, Sep 15, 2011.

1. XIX19

XIX19 Regular member

has anyone had any experience with these? Ive read about the matrix glitcher and the squirt360. Just looking for a bit of advice like which one to get. Apparently squirt 360 loads homebrew in 2 secs? Also does all homebrew work' im mainly concerned about playing iso's, mame, neo geo and cps1, 2 and 3.

2. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

they are all worthless until a custom dash comes out. No point to buying one to boot xell

3. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

Here's something I don't know (yes I know, it's hard to believe, even I don't know at least a few things). The NAND image created for a JTAG, wouldn't that same image work for the RGE?

For instance: There is a Freeboot image on my JTAG'd Jasper. Say I undid the JTAG soldering and soldered the RGE to it instead. Wouldn't it still boot that Freebot image. If no, explain why not.

4. chriswhit

chriswhit Regular member

well there is one Important use that has right now. If you can boot xell then you can get your cpu key and in turn get your dvd drive key if its been lost making your once worthless paperweight good and usable again. Yes you still have to dump your nand to get it but your console doesn't need an exploitable cb version just to dump your nand. I got a few hunderd dvd drives that are good and I was thinking bout using this chip as a tool and remove it after the job is done. Sure its a bunch of work but isn't that true of most hobbies.

5. XIX19

XIX19 Regular member

chriswit can u explain how to get the dvd key once ur in xell?

6. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

Scroll down to the blue screen in this link.

7. chriswhit

chriswhit Regular member

Use the link that eebeejay posted write down your cpu key because you will need it. from there you will need to do part of the jtag hack. just the wires that go to the ltp port because those are the nand read wires. Don't bother to hook the three wires that make the jtag hack work because you wont need them to read the nand. If you use coolshrimps jtag tool it will be the easiest way here's a link to that. http://tech-modz.net/showthread.php?t=850 just use it to read the nand then enter your cpu key and select your nand.bin file after clicking on the keyvault tab on the right then click get info. save to the desktop or a location you can find that way you will always have your key saved. it should also show you your key just write it down make sure you are accurate. when you are all done just remove the nand read wires. oh just so you know the reset glitch chip can run emulators like the super nintendo one or the sega genesis ones though I dont have any experience with that yet. hope this helps you. Im not sure cause I use xellous but you mite not have to do the cool shrimp part. xellous shows you the dvd key to but I dont know about xell if it does after its done scrolling it will be at the bottom it it does show that. If not go to that link and do those steps

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  8. XIX19

XIX19 Regular member

thanx. Ive got a console or two just lying. I'll give it a try.