1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reset Occurred Error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by TenpinT, Dec 22, 2004.

1. TenpinT

TenpinT Member

Hello Everyone: Hope someone can help me with this. I've been using DVD Shrink and Nero to backup my DVD's but I cannot seem to figure out this error. I recently had to reformat my pc and instead of Win2k which is what I was using I installed XP. I'm using Nero 6.3.03 and DVD Shrink 3.2. Shrinking goes well but when I try to burn to files later with Nero it's getting partially through when "Reset Occurred" and it fails. Any suggestions are extremely appreciated.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Did you try uninstall "using nero tools" and then reinstall? Nero can be fidgety.Did you go through nero website for any of the update packs?Any other dvd programs on your pc?just a couple of ???? to get started with.

3. TenpinT

TenpinT Member

I did uninstall and reinstall, I did check on Nero website to make sure my software was up to date also. This is driving me crazy. When I was using Win2K I never made a coaster, now I've made 2 in one day. The only DVD software I have installed is WinDVD which I've always had. Thanks for any suggestions.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Those update packages on nero,i don't know if you did any of them, but the #3 pack "in cd" can really mess things up. That is the one you don't want.Win dvd is sweet,I just went from 4 to 6. That didn't do anything to mess me up.I just got the basic nero 6.0 which does a fine job.What media are you using? was the media ok before the upgrade?You said you had 2 coasters today, did you have any successful burns?windows ME always gave me the blue screen of death,>.lol

5. TenpinT

TenpinT Member

haven't had any successful burns today. Using the same media that I always use. I'm thinking of trying to get an older copy of Nero to see if that will work for me. Thanks

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

You might want to pick up some rw's.It still sounds like a media issue.Can you explain your process of how you are trying to make your back up. You said you put the files on to burn later.I do it this way, Open shrink,reauthor,drag main movie over,backup,re check all my enhancements and burnspeed,ok, then it reads my dvdrom drive and i have the blank in the burner tray.Nero is already set in preferences.Enable burn with nero. You can also try dvd decrypter. You untick,enable burn with nero, and go to dvd decrypter and and tick write.This should automatically pull out dvd decrypter to burn.Now if I burn later,i hit dvd shrink,open file,select the movie,double check settings,and it starts the process.