1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

resident evil 2 "apocalypse" ripping solution

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by keithmury, Jan 4, 2005.

1. keithmury

keithmury Member

use the newest dvd decrypter, import the psl file. you can get it from dvd decrypter help forum. just insert res 2 and click on file then protected sector list then import the psl file you saved and decrypt. then use shrink and open the file you decrypted and shrink to the size you want! enjoy!!!

2. stamp2k1

stamp2k1 Member

I just tried to register with dvd decrypters forum and they are not accepting any new registrations at this time. So I was not able to get that file form them.

3. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

use the search function and you can find the file on this forum. My personal experience was,though, that even after i used the file with decrypter, Shrink wouldnt open it. So i used Vob Blanker instead. worked like a charm.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

5. Mulox

Mulox Member

For some reason my dvd-rom gets stuck on the 2nd file (vts_02_1.vob) when ripping using decrypter and the psl method. (LBA 184370-708656) Without the PLS file, I am able to rip that file (but cant' backup the rest of the dvd of course).

6. wild77

wild77 Guest

If you are using the newest version Decryter 3.5.2.0 you do not need the PSL file.It will take care these newer discs with no problems.Also if you are getting read errors try slowing the read speed down and make sure the disc is clean.

7. flx2000

flx2000 Member

listen just use anydvd 4.44 beta with clone dvd 2
    will backup anything with no problems.
    to much work with decrypter and shrink.

trust me i did it already no hickups

8. Mulox

Mulox Member

I am using the newest version of decrypter. My first rip went ok (so I thought) and then I used dvd shrink and put in my player and it says "no disc". So then I started over and ripped again using psl method on 3.5.2.0 and ran into current problem. Maybe it's just a problem with Shrink now?

9. Mulox

Mulox Member

I am going to try vob blanker (if I can ever find the software) and I am installing AnyDVD now to try that too. I just don't understand why my first rip on DD 3.5.2.0 went just fine (without PSL) but when I shrunk and burned in Nero it didn't work... ? Oh well, this is WAY more time than I wanted to spend on backing up just 1 freaking movie.

10. wild77

wild77 Guest

Try using some DVD-RW discs until you get your settings right.I used Decrypter version 3.5.2.0 and shrink to Re-Author main movie only(wide screen)no problems You can get VOB Blanker at http://www.posunplugged.com/jsoto/vobblanker.htm
    I also tried this movie with Decrypter and Nero Recode, works great.

11. Mulox

Mulox Member

Thanks. ScubaPete had some great suggestions for tweaking DD and they worked. Strange that some other movies would not rip the first time in Shrink, but did on the 2nd or 3rd try... weird.