1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil Apocalypse & Little Black Book

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JMagoo12, Jan 4, 2005.

1. JMagoo12

JMagoo12 Member

I have read what many people have said about burning Resident Evil Apocalypse and Little Black Book, and have tried several of the processes. I decided to go along with the VobBlanker to DvD Shrink to CloneDVD. The only problem I have been having now is that when I use VobBlanker, then move to DvD Shrink...it comes out to be like 7.4 gigs, way to big for one disc...how do i solve this problem???

thank you in advance to anyone who can offer up some suggestions

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

hey j, that 7.5 gigs will have to be shrunk to under 4.5 gigs if you are keeping the whole movie,unless you use a dual layer disc. I haven't use vobblanker,I used superdvdcopy to do re apacolypse. It should be about the same process. You are ripping to an iso folder.It then needs compressed to under 4.5 gigs. This is where dvd shrink takes place.You also want to keep that burn target anywhere from 4300 - 4400 mbs.

After you ripped, open up dvd shrink.If you haven't got it,you can get here for free.After shrink is opened up,hit the open files tab.Then scroll through the drive you pull that file from vobblanker off your hard drive. Click on it,it should open up and let dvd shrink auto compress,it may have a folder inside of that folder like superdvdcopy did. You can also reauthor to take off extra crap you don't need or even just keep the main movie ac3 ch5.1 english only.Or do the entire movie. Hit backup, check those settings,especially what is going to burn it and where those files will go afterward.After these settings look ok,hit ok the process starts.

There are many guides here at ad for you to check out. Dvd shrink if an excellent high quality free program and with all of its enhancements,you get near perfect duplicates. It works very will with dvd decryper and nero to do the burning. Dvd decrypter is free and if you don't have nero and want to try it,you can get a free 30 day trial.

Good luck

3. JMagoo12

JMagoo12 Member

Thank you for your response. i have used DvD Shrink before for all of my burning needs, but have also burned directly from a disc on DvD Shrink, like disc to my hd, and then hd to cloneDVD. for some reason, i kept my settings on auto compress, and yet it still shows a bunch of red at the top, going over the 4.5 to the 7.5, like it didn't compress it at all...i have never had a problem like this before going directly from the disc to the hd.

4. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

You can use VOB Blanker (same as you would use DVD Decrypter to place the full DVD on your Hard Drive)or Anydvd (beta) are known to work as far as helping back up both movies.

5. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

New DVD Decrypter will do both disk no problem.
    Thank you DVD Decrypter.

:)

6. Boofer

Boofer Member

Thanks, RedAnt. Just needed to upgrade my version.
    Yes, DVD Decrypter is hot. It threw a lot of anticipated errors, but pushed on through to finish.

For those ardent users who may marvel at DVD Decrypter's prowess, why not toggle that "make a contribution" button? It works for me. Excellent piece of software.

7. lahest

lahest Guest

I downloaded the new version of DVD Decrypter and it will not rip Little Black Book successfully. It struggled through it with a kazillion bad sector messages and then stopped a number of times saying that something was encrypted and asked if I wanted it to decrypt it. When I said yes, it always said that it couldn't. How is everyone else getting it to work?

8. lahest

lahest Guest

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that when I attempted to play the ripped file with WinDVD4, (Wich I can always do with any other DVD) it just jittered around, lost the video and then the program died.

9. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

i just finished backing up resident evil apocalypse with anydvd 4.4.1.1 beta and clonedvd2 using taiyo yuden dvd+r at 8x . it took just under 14 minutes to do just movie with no extras . the whole process using this setup went flawless . this is my first time using taiyo yuden discs at 8x . i watched my burned copy and it is perfect . no problems copying resident evil apocalypse .

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Lahest I had no problems with that movie even with the old version of Decrypter follow my firt guide here and see if it works? http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html
    Thats how I did it and it worked flawless. Give it a shot :)

11. Montecore

Montecore Member

Mayo....that was some great work on your site!

However, I have a few questions about your method:

1) What are the other settings used for DVD Decryptor...these were not mentioned? Like aggressive, detect mastering errors, brute force vs I/O....etc?

2) Why are you using DVD Decryptor to burn vs NERO? Does DVD Decryptor do a better job?

3) Why are you using an ISO file vs decrypting, encoding, then burning a re-authored DVD with NERO? I have not used an ISO before...what are the pros/cons? Is it b/c you want to hang on to just a single compact file?

Great Job!

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

As far as the settings in Decrypter these seem to work best for problem disk's so I just leave it set there.

You could use Nero to burn with this is my favorite program for burning, but DVD Decrypter is free so much easier to use for most people.

Main reason for the ISO file is Decrypter will only burn an ISO image. Also I leave the movies on my extra 250GB hard drive for a long time and it is just easier to have one file instead of a bunch. (It's a little cleaner I guess)

Actually I need to add to my site I just havent had time lately, but pretty much all I use to back up movies now is ANY DVD and Copy2DVD. Them to together are unbeatable in my opinion, but not free, and most people wan't the cheapest most effective way to do thing's. So that is why I tried to stick with putting Shrink and Decrypter guides on my sight. :)

13. Montecore

Montecore Member

Mayo...Why do you favor those apps? Over the gold standard combo.

14. bad13oy

bad13oy Member

Last night i read all these post , because i was having a problem with little black book. I tried using decryptor but i had the old version( It didn't work)The first thing i tried was anydvd( Early version)That didn't work either.But the new anydvd 4.1 whatever beta version. Worked perfectly.It is free for 21 days and it works great.Then burned with clonedvd.So thanks for all the help on the site...

15. Mossyman

Mossyman Member

Perhaps this information might be useful for newbies, or for those who doesn't feel like reading too much and want a simple way to backup Resident Evil Apocalypse (and perhaps Little Black Book).

Backing up Resident Evil Apocalypse works perfectly with DVD X RESCUE (or DVDXRESCUE). Using the DVDXCOPY Platinum ver. 4.0.3.8, which comes with DVDXRESCUE built in, I was able to backup RE Apocalypse in less than 2 hours total. You must insert original in a GOOD reader/writer. When I tried using my DVD-Rom, it took too long (it says 14 hours), so I cancelled the process and insert original in my DVD+-RW (LG 4040B) for DVDXRESCUE to read. It took about 1hr 15 min for DVDXRESCUE to read, about 12 min for it to shrink and create image, and about 25 min to write to DVD-R. All using one program. I watched the entire backup and there was no skipping, freeze-frames, etc. It looks like the original.

You MUST use a good reader/writer to read the original disc, though. Using a cheap/generic DVD-Rom drive or writer may NOT work for this process.

Hope this helps someone.

16. lahest

lahest Guest

Thanks bbmayo! I had already gotten DVD Decrypter to work using the patch for Little Black Book. My error was that I was not using the newer version of Any DVD.
    Thanks for the help everyone!!
    lahest