1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ediddle71, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ediddle71

ediddle71 Member

I just went out and bought the new Resident Evil movie and am now fighting trying to make a back up? I have had much success making back ups with all my programs(DVDXcopy, Shrink, Decrypter......) until this movie? Is there some new block on this disc that somebody knows about? Is there another software that will back up this title? Holla back!
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. James1414

James1414 Guest

There was a bunch of posts about this problem before. I was told to download Vob Blanker and then go into dvd shrink. It took alittle time but it worked and I know now have RE: Apocalypse.
  4. sghost

sghost Member

bro trust me when i tell you the voblanker prog. and dvdshrink is all you need i made a perfect backup of my resident evil 2 apocalypse if you need simple directions on how to work the two programs let me know i'll help you
  5. Oakcliff

Oakcliff Member

Say I could use some info on VOB, I mainly use Shrink and DVDXCopy Platinum and never have had a reason to use VOB. So I could use some advice.
  6. CHShiznit

CHShiznit Member

You can go down load the trial version of Super DVD Copy and back it up with that and then load the files though Shrink and do what ever you want with that and then burn it with Nero i found after reading that on here that it does work.
  7. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

Just made a back up of this movie with VOB Blanker,Shrink and DVD Decrypter.(all Freeware).
    I had previously attempted to copy this movie but could not get shrink or DVD Decrypter to work, errors on disk would not let either program read the movie.
    I ran the DVD throw VOB Blanker on to my hard drive and then used shrink and DVD Decrypter to make the DVD.

This was the first time I used VOB Blanker and it was as easy as pie.
  8. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

9. Oakcliff

Oakcliff Member

Thanks for the info on VOB I played around and got it to work. Thank you again for the help.
  10. squizzle

squizzle Active member

If you don't want to mess around with trying to learn new software, there is a DVD Decrypter forum site that has a thread explaining the whole process. I found it through a thread on this site. It gives you a PSL file you have to download and import into DVD Decrypter. Then rip the movie, shrink with Shrink and burn. It worked fine for me.
  11. AP1987

AP1987 Member

Anybody wants to rent and burn?
    This is how u do it
    You download DVDFab and download anydvd
    anydvd cracks the security on any rented dvd and dvd fab makes copy of the disk on two regular 4.7 GB disks
    The reson is that most of the rented Dvds are 7.8 GB
    therefore it makes copies of any rented dvd easily less than 25 min..
  12. Gottawin

Gottawin Regular member

AP1987,U really need to read the forum rules !!!... I advise you to edit your last thread. We do not take kindly to that kind of info buddy.........
    aD is not the place for that crap..
  13. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Everybody should read the forum rules ... and also understand that the rules on piracy have been changed.

As far as AnyDVD, until the newest release (which is a beta version) ... it could not break RE2 Apocalypse.

What will work?

Using VobBlanker and your choice of dvd backup software

Using the new AnyDVD

Using DVD Decrypter w/ the PSL list to rip
  14. flip218

A dvd is a dvd ... they are all the same. Rented or retail bought.
  15. a2liter

a2liter Member

16. gmoney39

gmoney39 Guest

I also am trying to burn Resident Evil and I was wondering where do u go tp get VOB so I can down load it.
  17. flip218

You've got to be kidding me!!!! Are you serious? This thread isn't even that long ... Good god it's only one page!!!
  18. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

ROTF/LMFAO@flip

19. Liquified

Liquified Member

Call me a noob if you wish... and flame all you want. I just haven't the time to search all the threads tonight. Can anyone help me with this trivial problem? After burning RE2 with VOBBlanker and DvdShrink, the movie wont play when I use the play button as soon as I check which format (widescreen or Full) it just freezes with a black screen, Yet if I choose Scene selection then the format it works fine...... Can anyone shed some light?
  20. flip218

Not a very good comment. I don't mind helping, but I also think it's great when a member actually learns from reading.

Also, it's hard to say what the problem is. All you've stated is your using VobBlanker and Shrink. Just a guess ... but did you re-author and do movie only?
  21. Liquified

Liquified Member

No I haven't Re-Authored I haven't had the problem untill now.. and I have been reading, it just gets frustrating when im reading a bunch of usefull information pertaining to absolutly nothing im in need for at the moment. and I mean absolutely no disrespect I'm just incredibly tired and not so sober at the moment :) By the way Happy new Years!

P.S. I have learned a great deal since coming to this site and there is still tons to learn... so I'll shut up now and get to reading
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.