1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil Apocalypse

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hubris560, Apr 10, 2005.

1. hubris560

hubris560 Guest

Does anyone know how to make Resident Evil Apocalypse copy? It stops at 14-15% Analysing.

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

hubris560 ,
    Welcome to the forum,
    Use DVDDecrypter newest version to rip the DVD to HD then use Shrink

3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

And click above on Search messages.

4. hubris560

hubris560 Guest

but when I use dvddecrypter the audio disapears

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

6. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

hubris560,
    Are you setting up the Decryption using File Mode ( All files). Doing it that way there is no way for you to cut out the audio. You can cut out the audio in Shrink. Make sure that you did not inadvertently keep the DTS w/ a check mark beside it and uncheck the 5.1 audio . People sometimes think that if they have surround sound that they should check the DTS when in fact they should uncheck that one and check 5.1

7. hubris560

hubris560 Guest

I've tried that, I can only get audio when I try to watch the movie with like powerdvd, but when I try something else there is no audio.

8. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

hubris560,
    I think you are missing the audio codecs on your computer. I want you to d/L Nero Ultra trial version. It is good through the end of the month then you can D/L it again. It has a lot of goodies and I want you to try it. D/L all of the modules except INCD. Then on the left hand side you should be able D/L any Plug-ins that are needed. Now you should have audio on the computer.
    What program beside PowerDVD were you trying to watch the movie in. Even in Windows Media player you have to go to the Windows site and D/L the necessary codecs. Heck while you are at it go there and see if you can find the audio codecs you need to listen to DVD's

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  9. hubris560

hubris560 Guest

I have Nero 6 full version that came with my dvd burner is that the same?

10. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

The reason when you try another computer program to watch the DVD and get no audio is that the program needs certain audio codecs for the audio to work w/ that program. You need to go to the site of that certain program and see if there are any audio codecs you need to D/L for your computer.
    Does the Movie play in Nero MediaPlayer or is that program not on your version of Nero. If it is not there you might have the OEM version and that is not the full version of Nero. Click on the Nero update (w/in the program)and tell me what version you have.

11. hubris560

hubris560 Guest

It is included, and it doesn't work. Where do i get the codecs

12. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

13. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

hubris560 ,
    I have had the hardest time getting info from the Nero site to come up properly. Go to the last part where the http starts and copy that into the browser and use that.

If anyone can figure out what I am doing incorrectly please let me know>

14. BTFSB

BTFSB Member

Very Simple here for this movie. First off you will need to either use DVD Decrypter (latest version) or do as I did, use DVD Shrink in reauthor mode and choose just the main movie. I would like to stress to all users of DVD Decrypter that it is a wonderful program but to save time use DVD Shrink in reauthor mode and just do the main movie only and you can go straight from the disc to an image on your hard drive. Do you really want to keep the extras or watch a trailer of the movie you are watching? I really don't care about the menus and extras so I leave them off. If you run accross one that has the Sony accros protection then run either DVD43 (freeware) or buy AnyDVD (shareware) in the background and still use DVD Shrink. I still have DVD Decrypter around just in case but I use DVD Shrink all the time and yes I also have the full blown Nero Ultra with Nero Recode. I like DVD Shrink a little better although slower but it's Deep Analysis is a notch above Nero Recode (same programmer) so I use it instead. What is a few extra minutes anyway.

15. hubris560

hubris560 Guest

Thank you will try

16. Argg

Argg Regular member

I repeat. Go find a program called AnyDVD v 4.6.3.1.

Yous disk is not dirty or scratch. Sony Entertainment tries to stop people from backing dvd's up by putting in a css protection key. It the same with Resident Evil, Suspect Zero, Hotel Rwanda, Ocean's Twelve.

They Are starting to do it with all the movies now.

You can tell, when on the back it has a small picture of a black dvd and a gray dvd with a red circle with a line though it.

17. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@hubris560 - i had this problem (no audio or intermittent audio) on some of the ripped VOB files when i copied Res Evil 2 some time back. I'd play it back in powerdvd or whatever and the sound would disappear in different parts of the movie. After re-ripping it about 3 times (a pain as this was before decrypter could do it properly. (edit- just checked my notes & at the time the only way i could do this movie was with anydvd trial) I plumpled for burning it to a dvd (even though on hard disc it still had no audio or intermittent audio). Watched it thru fine on my standalone. Wierd. Anyway hopefully you'll sort it by following the other suggestions. Hold off on anydvd just yet as it's a 21day trial and decrypter can do everything out there for now. Maybe get anydvd later. I might buy anydvd if decrypter gets out of date (not likely just yet). You just don't NEED anydvd unless you want to get it.

@Argg -
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/180450
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/180959
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/180906

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  18. hubris560

hubris560 Guest

thanks creaky

19. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member