1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil Apocolypse

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jayquik03, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

the psl files work import them to dvd decreptor to rip it.use dvd shrink then burn it

2. DennisLee

DennisLee Member

I don't understand, mine copied like any other one did, I used dvd shrink and then burned with decrypter, You guys must be trying to hard--lol.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

DennisLee,

Do you have any other programs installed like AnyDVD?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

The newest version of AnyDVD works 4.4.0.0 (Just have it running)

5. packers03

packers03 Guest

Im new to this site and just wanted to say great site. I was having trouble as well backing up RE2 untill I searched the forums.
    I used VobBlanker to save the movie to my hard drive and then 1clickdvd to burn the movie.

thanks again for the help

6. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I really don't care for this movie but I wanted to see how difficult it was to make a backup do to all the fuss, and Ill tell you...this movie is a fuss, and as -ScubaPete- stated "3 different methods to backup that DVD."

I used the PSL list provided by -LIGHTING_UK- all worked perfect but now I have a movie that I will probably will not watch but it was the challenge and the knowledge that drove me. I am glad we all came to gether and 12 pages of info to get this uh weird type of protection beat.

Take care all :)

7. Kevinm78

Kevinm78 Member

Will this method also work with Smallville Season 1 Disc 1? For some reason, all the other discs in the season are just fine except for this one. Not even VOB Blanker will work with it.

8. schnabel1

schnabel1 Member

I'm new to this forum but I thought I'd give my imput. Love the forum.
    Used VOBBlankdr to decrypt, shrink re-author and picked just the full screen version and burned with dvd decrypter. Worked perfect. There are some really smart guys in here. Thanks

9. bruceb3

bruceb3 Member

I spent 2 days trying about 5 different methods to burn RE 2. Go to the link below to find out how to do it. It worked for me. The only thing is, when the movie first starts, there is about 1 min. 20 sec. of just black screen. Just fast forward through it. Good luck!

http://forum.dvddecrypter.com/index.php?showtopic=15390&hl=

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

@ Paladore & DennisLee,

I'm sorry guys but unless you had AnyDVD (the new "Beta 4.4.0.0") running. It flat out isn't possible to rip RE 2 with CloneDVD2 OR with DVDD (without importing the proper PSL files). It has been tried by the best of the best and it doesn't fly. Check your PC to see if you don't have the Beta version of AnyDVD.

Kevinm78,

These rips were special. The DVD had a new (actually 5 months old) Sony encryption.

You'll have to describe to us exactly what your problem is, what you have, PC specs, proggys and a step by step, what you're doing and where you are stuck -

Then we can try to help -

Pete

11. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I figured Id post this here since alot of people are having issues with this new type of protection.

There will be a new type of encryption comin. "ACCS" is taking over "CSS" protection.

read on at cdfreaks.com

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11144

12. drzoemj

drzoemj Member

Thanks to all for the help earlier yesterday. Still having problems on backing up my copy of RE apocalypse.
    Down loaded new beta version of anydvd
    first played movie for a minute or so
    had anydvd running, stopped movie
    then used xdvdcopy platnium but was only able to get to 52% on reading. then it would just stall
    tried xrescue was able to copy but half way threw the reading it stalled also. any help much appericated

13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

drzoemj the easier way to do it is get the psl files from this site put it in a notebook import the files to dvd decrepter . rip the dvd there then use dvd shrink.then burn it.

14. realdieu

realdieu Member

Good evening, people.

I read most of this thread and being a die-hard DVD XCopy Platinum user, I as well lost hair trying to figure out our beloved Resident Evil: Apocalypse. I used VobBlanker to “extract” the files to a temporary folder on my C: drive. Then, I used DVD Shrink to backup the files and burn to my PX-716A (DVD+R DL). The media I used was Verbatim DVD+R DL. Immediately, I tested the copy in a new Toshiba DVD player and it played wonderfully. However, it did take a moment to load. I simply fast-forwarded to the beginning. Skipping through the chapters all appeared normal and commensurate to the original.

Am I missing something here or did I luck out? BTW, I made perfect copies of The Bourne Supremacy and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind using DVD XCopy Platinum.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  15. schnabel1

schnabel1 Member

I too was able to copy Bourne and Eternal sunshine, using DVD Xcopy-Express. The quaility is not as high but the process is extreemly easy and much quicker. I can usually rip and burn a movie in just at 30 Min. with Xcopy-Xpress. Takes about an hour using shrink and DVD Decryptor. A littlonger is I have to put VOBlocker into the soup. I'm kinda lazy so I usually take the easy way. I've copied over 300 movies with Xpress and have had very few coasters. Hopefully, in the end we'll find an easy method to backup or movies.

16. realdieu

realdieu Member

As being spoiled by DVD XCopy, I do not understand what the relevance is regarding the PSL files. Again, I did not have to go through that lengthy process. Perhaps are we dealing with a potential hardware/media issue? Why is it that some users are able to quickly and easily make a copy of RE2, whereas the same fails for others. Right now, I am endcoding/burning it to a DVD+R media...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  17. wild77

wild77 Guest

Just what I was looking for faster but lower Quality,I am going to stick with DVD Decryter and Shrink or Nero Recode.The new version of Decrypter will take care of these problem movies without the PSL list and should be out soon from what I have heard.I will sell you my copy of Platinum cheap it's sitting here collecting dust.

18. nate2005

nate2005 Regular member

im not sure if this has been asked and answered but here i go hey I didnt mean to jump in the middle of the convo but I have been having problems with my Resident evil 2 also but instead mine wont even read in my drive now Im not sure if its that i need to update my firmware even more or what if someone knows any info about this please let me know thanx

19. joseppey

joseppey Guest

Does anyone know if this can be done using 1clickDVD. I just started doing this and don't feel like buying more software just yet, since this appears to be the only movie causing such a comotion.

20. realdieu

realdieu Member

As others have stated earlier, I have learned the using the PSL files with DVD Decrypter produces the best results. That is, a perfect rendition of the original using 8X DVD+R media. No delay in play, and the quality of the video appears to be transparent to the original. I stayed up to 2AM EST playing with all the different methods mentioned herein. Clearly, there are a myriad of methods to employ to achieve similar results. Also, I have used vobblanker and shrink exclusively using DVD+R DL media with excellent results. I certainly would like to learn more about these PSL files. I still think some of the problems mentioned are somewhat related to hardware, firmware, media type, and or software versions.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.