1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

resident evil2

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by jlg895, Jan 2, 2005.

1. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

o.k. I have purchased this movie 3 times this wk. I'm aware that film companies are recording onto cheap media and that is why we have been getting cyclic redunancy errors. so i have returned the movie after trying it on 3 different of my dvd burners to the store 2 different times. Has anybody else had any luck and what programs did you use?

2. oggy1975

oggy1975 Member

The movie Resident Evil 2 has sony's new copy protection in it. To rip it you'll need to download Slysoft AnyDVD v4.4.0.0 beta. From www.slysoft.com/en/download.html
    Tt will remove the new copy protection so you can rip it. Just start the trial version of AnyDVD v4.4.0.0 up and use any dvd ripper to rip. Should have no more problems.

3. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

thank you. I'll give a try tonight

4. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

in terms of use, I left everything as default and all it looks as if I should do is click ok. so then i tried to run dvd shrink and it stuck at 15 % again. Did I miss a step?

5. oggy1975

oggy1975 Member

Your welcome.
    Just letting you know they updated the AnyDVD to AnyDVD 4.4.1.1 Beta. So just download that one from www.slysoft.com/en/download.html
    After installing just start it up and it will appear down by the clock on task bar as a red icon. While its running open up what ever dvd ripper you use and rip the dvd it should rip with no problems.
    One other thing just save the www.slysoft.com/en/download.html
    site in case you come across another dvd that gives you problems. Since they are coming out with different copy protections. AnyDVD keeps updating their software to get pass the new protections. So if have anymore problems in the future ripping dvd's just download the latest AnyDVD and see if helps.

6. oggy1975

oggy1975 Member

I had no trouble with DVDShrink. I leave everything default in anyDVD since nothing needs to be changed.
    Since you have a problem with shrink you can always put the dvd in. Then with AnyDVD running you can goto to the dvd then click explore and drag the Video & Audio Folder to your hard drive. Then once you have the movie on your computer by draging the folders off the dvd open from your harddrive in DVDShrink and see if you have problems shrinking or splitting. Also did you try dvd decrypter to see if it will rip. Must have anyDVD running since its the only way pass the new sony copy protection thats on the Resident Evil 2 Disc.

7. oggy1975

oggy1975 Member

If the stuff I wrote above don't help you out. Are you sure you don't have a antivirus or any other programs running besides AnyDVD & DVDShrink. Because having other programs running while ripping can cause problems. If you don't get it working let me know I'll try to help you out until you get it working correctly.

8. oggy1975

oggy1975 Member

I had no problems ripping with DVDDhrink but if you have anymore problems. You can go back to the site http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html and download CloneDVD and with AnyDVD Running use CloneDVD To Rip DVD. Its a easy program to use but heres a online guide how how to use it http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/15/59/ if you never tried it before. Try the stuff above first if can't get working then try CloneDVD.

9. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

I appreciate all of your help oggy. I have any dvd now and it is running. I still get the crc when I use shrink so I tried decryptor and it tells me this:
    i/o error - check condition(its brand new)-interpretation:l ec uncorrectable error. Ill keep on it. Im usually pretty familiar when it comes to this stuff but i didnt even know sony had new decodings. thanks again for your attention

10. Vedas830

Vedas830 Guest

Try this
    Open up Any DVD is should open with the DVD Tab at the top being open
    In the little Check Boxes make sure the last one in checked
    If its not you wont be able to rip this one
    Id just leave it checked then when you do another Flick that has this protection your all set
    One more thing after you install Any DVD you need to Reboot if you dont you will have some problems
    Hope this helps

11. offset

offset Regular member

I used VobBlank to get the Vobs, and DVD Shrink to compress the movie. Both programs worked slicker than sh#t. I separated the widescreen and fullscreen versions, so I could put each version on a different disk.

12. discus240

discus240 Guest

hey guys got a quick question.
    I used dvddecrypt to rip the dvd to my comp. then dvdshrink, and then dvd decrypt. i've made two copies of resident evil two. but it only says its about 45minutes long, but its the entire movie. I noticed each second is actually 2 seconds. What can I do to fix this? I used this website as a guide http://www.thescrapyard.pwp.blueyon... freeware utilities to backup your movies.htm

thanks
    adam