1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resistance online play!

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by TheNick, Jun 3, 2007.

1. TheNick

TheNick Guest

Hey all, just started getting into Resistance online, and yeah, im getting housed but its fun. Im looking forward to the new maps, hopefully this week i read...anyway, if anyone's down to play, or has a team going that doesnt mind a noob trying desperately not to be in last place (but improving!) hit me up, PSN ID = TheIrish Ninja

PS does anyone actually use the headsets in these things? Im just curious, no real way to communicate without that or a keyboard i figure.

2. SpideyBoy

SpideyBoy Member

yea...headsets are great...it just adds to the whole experience...but...after firmware update 1.80...something went wrong with the mics on resistance...theres this nasty high frequency beeping that just makes my head want to explode...i have a keyboard...i sometimes use it in parties to communicate with ppl that dont have mics...easier for me...

3. TheNick

TheNick Guest

...really? you sure its not just your mic, are others getting that too? that sucks.
    alright, well ill be adding you soon, any others wanna get a game going, post here!

4. SpideyBoy

SpideyBoy Member

yea...i know its everyones...insomniac should see wut the deal is...

me and a friend try to play resistance once a day...usually around...6 to 7...which is my time (mountain)...be glad to give some tips and try not to get owned showing you them...haha...

5. TheNick

TheNick Guest

cool, ill hit you up soon about that. anyone else down?

ps can you play with a mouse & keyboard yet?

6. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

I don't think you can play with a mouse or a keyboard cause I tryed in Call of Duty 3 and it didn't work for me but it might be possible.

7. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Yeah you can. In the chat menu you can type with the keyboard, thats what i do.

Oh and BTW you guys add me to your friends lists=P
    PSN ID: BenDizzle

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  8. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

He said can he play online with it like in the game. Everyone knows you can type with the keyboard in the menus and stuff I do it all the time but he was asking like in game play when your getting shot at.

9. TheNick

TheNick Guest

ah well, was hoping to blame me getting housed sometimes on people using mouse & keyboard, but ive gotten better so its no excuse!

Anyone else down for an add, lemme know.

10. boykiller

boykiller Regular member

im around all day today if ya wanna play.
    my time here is irish so let me know.

11. nax0101

nax0101 Regular member

are nwe maps out yet?

12. truepaki

truepaki Regular member

does anyone kno how to do any glitches..(can u plz tell me)

PS3 ID : bigmo786

13. TheNick

TheNick Guest

cool, ill add you too soon.

as for new maps: i thought it was this coming week, but did they get a date after being pushed back most recently?

14. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

So you can actually play Resistance, the game itself, with a keyboard and mouse?? That would be awesome, because as good as it plays with a controler, a mouse & keyboard would make it that much better.

15. UKDude007

UKDude007 Member

Sorry if I sound like a broken record or something like that.

I am just wondering which version of PS3 do you all own? and which version of RoFM game do you own?

It helps to determine who's on which server etc - once RoFM receives new update which suppose to eliminate those "region-protection" for RoFM games (in other words, make RoFM games a truly global server regardless of which versio of your RoFM come from).

Hope i don't waffle non-sense here :D

Cheers
    Diego

16. TheNick

TheNick Guest

uh, US here, so regioin 1...like you said, should be global soon. also, ps3s are region free and you can access the playstation network store from any region and just make accounts for the others, hope that helps.

17. UKDude007

UKDude007 Member

Thanks - you almost got it right.

I just came off the phone to Sony network Customer service (crappy service needless to say).

They officially say that "offline-games (as in single game) are region-free, but online games are not region-free. In other words, you are not allowed to play online if your game is not matching to your PS3 region-wise.

Thanks very mcuh to Sony for ruining my happiness with PS3.

I got HK PS3 but I can't play online games with (UK) RoFM at all (or to be more accurately, the game itself forbids me to log on to its servers).

I guess it is my fault as I should know better that there is a catch22 when Sony fakingly says "all games are region-free".

Ah well. I guess maybe I need to sell off HK PS3 and buy already ripped off expensive UK PS3 in order to enjoy any online experience with UK games. It seems Sony loves to milk/rip off british people too much.

Thanks god for other electronic companies so i just put it up with PS3 from Sony for one off and stick to other companies for any electronic needs (ie TV or dvd player and so on).

Anyway, TheNick - feel free to add me to PS3 buddy list or something like that if there is indeed an update for global server for RoFM. I wanna try to shoot the world's rarest and unique Irish Ninja (in RoFM)! It looks excellent trophy for my wall (only kidding) ;-) lol!!

Cheers,
    Diego

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  18. gkmpb4

gkmpb4 Regular member

Im looking for some resistance online rivals and friends.
    PS ID-ParkerBrother4.

Just beat the game and going back to online.....

19. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

In the next update, Sony is planning to allow all games to be played internationally online, from this article i read. Or maybe thats in the new resistance update coming out. They are suppose to add international play.

20. CoastLife

CoastLife Regular member

so you cant play resistance with people in other regions... I was just trying to invite someone from the uk to play and it said user not found... i guess now i know its because im in the us and he's in the uk... that sucks.

PSN: Coastlife if anyone in the US wants to add me to their resistance buddy list.