1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resizing AVI file when burning to DVD?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cryoxxx, Mar 26, 2007.

1. cryoxxx

cryoxxx Member

Hello!
    I´m rather new to the whole "burn my stuff to DVDs" things, so this may sound stupid, but I´ve looked around quite alot and can´t seem to find an answer...

I want to burn the whole "The 4400 Season 1" to a DVD. These 5 episodes are in separate AVI files with separate .srt subtitle files. The perfect program for this is ConvertXtoDVD, which I´m using, but when I´ve added all the files to a DVD the total size is 5.52GB (too big for my 4.7GB discs...)

Any suggestions on what I can do? tried some wierd encoding programs, but the results have only been crappy low-quality files.

Thankful for helpful response!

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

well convertxtodvd will do the job for you, but it will take more thain one dvd, you could put it on a dual layer dvd if you have a dual layer burner, or you might be able to put convert the files to dvix and put them on a dvd but you would have to make sure that your dvd player suports dvix, but if you want great quailty i would go with convertxtodvd, also i asume that the files of the 4400 season was downloaded from the net right? one thing you have to rember is the quailty from where you got the files, you might run the files through g-spot and see what tell's you about the quailty of the files, good luck

3. cryoxxx

cryoxxx Member

Thanks for the tips man, unfortunately I don´t have a Dual Layer burner tho... I´ve tried converting to DivX but it only resultet in extremely crappy quality (not even worth watching...).

I just thought if there was some program that allows you to select quality, not format... say I have my AVI file and want to keep it that way but make it smaller, and thereby make the quality just a little bit lower.

4. attar

attar Senior member

You could run the output from ConvertX through DVD Shrink and check the quality.

5. cryoxxx

cryoxxx Member

Exactly what I was looking for :) now I´ll just have to install, make a DVD and see if it does the trick!