1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resizing Video

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by shanghai, Jul 26, 2003.

1. shanghai

shanghai Member

Is there any way to resize a video in TMPGenc? When I play the burned VCD on my DVD player, the top and bottom is cut off, thus cutting off the subtitles. I don't mind if it has to stretch to fit the screen, but how do you adjust the options so it does so? Or at least have it so that the subtitles show?

thanks in advance.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Was the picture itself actually stretched from a widescreenb state to a full screen state??

3. shanghai

shanghai Member

No, on the television it just looked like a normal full screen video who's vertical height was too long, thus it was being cut off.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

To answer you question, you can adjust the video size in TMPGEnc:
    -Open TMPGENc
    -Close the Wizard if need be
    -In the bottom right corner there is a Settings button
    -Now you can edit the resolution of the movie (keep in mind the aspect ratio)
    -An important point also: under the Advanced Tab, correctly choose the Source Aspect ratio too!
    Note that resizing movies tends to be a time consuming task lol

5. shanghai

shanghai Member

Thanks! Just one more question... what should the resolution generally be set to so it fits on the TV? [My DVD player is set on 4:3 Aspect Ratio...]

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

If you are making a VCD you DONT HAVE A CHOICE... it needs to be of a certain specification (352x240 i believe, is one such example). In TPMGEnc... with the Wizard, when you click on the various types of VCD... on the right it gives you the specification for VCDs.... You may be able to get away with using a multiple of that resolution... give it a shot... let me know if it works! :)__X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.emule-project.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2003
  7. shanghai

shanghai Member

Apparently TMPGenc automatically sets the size to be 352x240... so would it help if I adjusted it so the settings are set to Center: Keep aspect ratio?

8. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Nope u can change the aspect ratio, click setting - advanced tab and u will see the option!