1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RESTORE CORRUPTED DATA ON PS2 MEMORY CARD??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by spclk2000, Oct 2, 2004.

1. spclk2000

spclk2000 Member

hey whats up,
    Thanks to Action Replay Max's Max memory feature, my whole memory card has been corrupted. I heard there is a way to get back ur files, not just format ur card. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

2. 1_Shot

1_Shot Member

There is really no way to recover the lost data on your memory card as far as I know. Most people will tell you that your memory card is fried and you need to replace it and trash the old one. I also had corrupted data on my memory card due to Action Replay. I looked all over the internet looking for a way to reformat my card and I almost gave up and bought a new one but, GameShark saved my memory card. GameShark 2 version 4.1 has a format utility that will completely erase your memory card of the corrupted data. Now you will lose your old saves but your memory card will be able to be used again. I have tested the format utility on the official PS2 memory cards and the 3rd party cards and it works great. GameShark 2 version 4.1 is not sold anymore but you can download it off the net like I did. If you dont have a mod chip you need swap magic or some other way of booting the disk.

3. rowdan

rowdan Member

most the new memory card utility cds come with a format option, at least all the "MAX" items

4. spclk2000

spclk2000 Member

Yea, i ended up just formating the card with max memory, but Action Replay MAX really sucks as a whole. I dont know anybody who found it to be a good product. And no one really knows how to burn and play any kind of movie,mp3 and emulator beacuse the cds never work. ARM sucks.