1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restore lost original drive key and firmware

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by momhoener, Jul 28, 2007.

1. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

Alright today I flashed my 78fk drive with ixtreme. Then my brother comes in and deleates the folder holding everything I saved. Drive key original firmware. So i want to recover everything I lost. I understand you can find your key by using firmware toolbox 4. But is that all i need. how can i get my original.bin that used to be on my xbox? thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

And to continue from my other post in your other thread... first you need to kick the shit out of your brother. And then hit yourself for not emailing every single email account you can with your orig.bin file.

And to now answer your question, you do NOT need an original firmware for hitachi drives. Restoring the drive with either restore.bat or FW toolbox will restore your drive to original status.

If you want your key, make a dump of this "hacked" firmware as if it was original. Then open that .bin file in FWToolbox 4

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  3. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

okay thanks he is definatly crying right now and I just got the key using your method thanks for the help. you are definatley awsome.

4. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

but how do I get the original.bin since there are several different types?

5. theridges

theridges Guest

different types what?
    you can just use the restore.bat or the toolbox like Menace stated if you need to restore the drive to normal..

6. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

so really the key and original.bin is usless because I can always get it back using restore.bat even with my 78fk drive. if this is true me and my bro. are feeling alot better.

7. theridges

theridges Guest

yea you can get it back with the toolbox...

8. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

GREAT I was so worried i would never be able to update the firmware again then get like banned so you guys are really great lifesavers. thanks again and my brother is no longer crying thanks.