1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restore problem with Backitup

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Tomasso, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Tomasso

Tomasso Member

I had a lot of problems with my computer, so I decided to reinstall it. Before that I took at backup of all of my most importante files with Nero BackItUp to DVD+RW. The files where very large video files(some of them where over 5 GB), that I had captured from my videocamera. it took 8 DVD disks to backup it all. Now when I try to restore them with Nero BackItUp, I get the message "Corrupt Zip file" and then "Decompression failed". This can't happen to all of my 6 videofiles that I backed up? I didn't get any error message when I was backing up!
    I have updated to the newest version of BackItUp (1.2.020) and Nero BuringRom (6.3.1.20)

Please help me!

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Try and maunaully recover your video files by doing a simple "copy& paste" m8. I just hoped you burned slow. Explore the backup dvd's>locate your video files, right click>copy>point mouse to where you wan't them saved on your O\S>paste.I archive all my video files with WinRAR, then create par files. This method saves space, and the par files help me if a WinRAR file is corrupt :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]MSI KT6V-LSR MS-7021
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (OC'd to 3200+)
    1 Gig Corsair XMS PC3200 (OC'd DDR 400)
    MSI MS Starforce nVidia GeForce FX5500(256 DDR)
    Maxtor ATA\133 200 gig
    Lite-ON LTD165H DVD-ROM
    Lite-ON LDW411S DVD-Burner[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2004
  3. Tomasso

Tomasso Member

Thanks, but it didn't help. I still get the message "Unable to decompress the file". I tried to copy the file to my local disk and recover it from there, but got the same message!!!

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I encourage you to invest in a external USB 2.0 hard drive m8. This way you can save all your "goodies" there. I never used Nero Back It Up so I am of no service here. I can tell you it is a waste of time and money to do backup that requires backing up windows files. To me it's much easier saving all your "goodies" to a external hd, then if your pc crashes, just format, re-install Windoze and your back in business.

5. Tomasso

Tomasso Member

I have en external hard disk, but when I had reinstalled my pc, the OS didn't recognize my hard drive, the only option I had was to format it. I that is what i did. I thougt that it wouldn't be any problem as long as I had the backup!

6. Tomasso

Tomasso Member

Isn't there anybody that have had the same problem?
    I would be happy if somebody gave me a tip, that I could try!