1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restore To Factory Condition

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by booperq, Jan 15, 2017.

1. booperq

booperq Regular member

Hello, never encountered this problem. Usually when I do a restore and reintallation of my computer, I can get all the updates from windows updates that I need and for some reason it won't do anything this time. It keeps searching forever and never comes up with updates. Does anyone have any suggestions. I am running 8.1 thanks

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

the problem is not on your end but Microsoft's. that has been happening to windows 7 for over 2 years.

3. booperq

booperq Regular member

Okay thank you wasn't sure on that

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Go grab a pre activated multi versioned copy of win 10,thats what i did..shhhhh
    or perhaps some of these fixes may work
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-current/f680b16d-1dee-4054-8d44-a05ace0c0fff

another option if you have the win re install disc is place it in a virtual machine like virtual box,don't activate it just use a crack (unless you can get them regardless,we're only testing after all) & then see if it can get the updates (at least you'll have a list of what to get & download & install manually) just in case there's a corruption in your windows

5. Eliase7

Eliase7 Newbie

scorpNZ likes this.