1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

restore windows settings from a month ago?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by jimmy1986, Oct 19, 2007.

1. jimmy1986

jimmy1986 Member

Hi, recnetly my computer has started to go slow and emails are not being recieved, i cant burn dvds so i would like to know how to go back 1 month before all this happened? help would be much appreciated. thanks p.s i have windows xp

2. JDaRipper

JDaRipper Member

You can solve this easily if there was a restore point created on your system restore, which comes with every windows system. A couple of simple steps may work.

Basically most of the time when you install new software or install updates, the computer automatically creates a restore point just in case you computer messes up. With Windows XP go to START -> HELP AND SUPPORT CENTER -> under PICK A TASK click on UNDO CHANGES TO YOU COMPUTER USING SYSTEM RESTORE -> a window will pop up, choose RESTORE MY COMPUTER TO AN EARLIER TIME -> NEXT -> it will give you a calendar and the dates which are in bold are the days that have a restore point; Chose one of those days according to when you think you system was ok, then just click next and restore.

With Vista just go to the system restore as well, but I think that step may change.

This should work, but if it does not it means that you have a more serious problem that you thought and you may have a virus for your system has been altered.
    Hope it helps.