1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

restoring psp fat's firmware?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by wron224, Nov 27, 2007.

1. wron224

wron224 Member

hi,
    i was wondering if it was possible to downgrade the psp fat's firmware to 1.5 custom firmware, and then restore it to its original firmware?
    thanks

2. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

1.50 isn't a custom firmware, it is the first Sony fimware. What firmware are you currently on?

3. wron224

wron224 Member

i have a psp slim at the moment and a friend of mine has a psp fat and does not want to change the firmware. so was wondering if i can use the psp fat to change the firmware on my psp slim?

4. wron224

wron224 Member

the psp slim is running on 3.60 and not sure about the psp fat.

5. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

well, to make things easier, you have to change the firmware on the fat psp to custom firmware, so you can get custom firmware on your slim. unless the fat psp already has custom firmware.

6. wron224

wron224 Member

yeah i know you would have to change the firmware on the psp fat in order to get the customer firmware onto the psp slim.
    im asking if it is possible to change the firmware on the psp fat and then reverse the process after i've put the custom firmware on my psp slim?

7. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

it's possible by going back to 1.50 and then updating to the firmware it's at. but i don't know why you'd go back to official, custom fimware is way more versatile, and plays the games more smoothly, since you have access to the cpu speed.

let your friend try custom firmware. if he doesn't like it, then you can change it back (but once you're on custom, you can't go back. it's that much better)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  8. wron224

wron224 Member

does anyone have any idea about how long it'll be till you no longer need a psp fat to upgrade to custom firmware? like just install the custom firmware straight on the psp slim without the need for a psp fat.

9. BTFan

BTFan Regular member